is a young, forward-thinking agency for WordPress businesses. WordPress powers 37% of the internet and we support its product and service economy with digital marketing.
We sit at the intersection of digital marketing and the WordPress ecosystem, serving agencies who sell websites to the biggest companies in the world, and product businesses who sell functionality to WordPress users. We help our clients reach millions of users and are helping make the web more powerful and easier to use.
Between us, we have the in-house skills to create marketing strategy and implementation for some of the best WordPress businesses in the market.
As a 100% remote team, we carefully balance collaboration with an environment that enables everyone to do their best work.
We’re based across Europe and often travel for work, WordCamps, and pleasure!
We each bring our own strengths and the independence to shape our agency as it grows quickly. It’s an exciting time to join us :)
As our new Content Manager, you'll work closely with our Head of Content, Client Success Manager, freelance writers and graphic designers to deliver amazing, SEO-driven content marketing which gets results to clients.
We do industry leading content marketing, and you’ll be a key part of the content team. There’s plenty of scope to grow within this position, and we’ll offer you rapid progress for your skills and career.
This position can be broken down as follows:
- 50% Content process and project management
- 40% Proofreading, copyediting and writing
- 10% Client and account management
Your main responsibilities will be to manage the content production process, and ensure we deliver excellent content to clients. You’ll be responsible for our content production from start to finish and work closely with our Client Success Manager, who'll be liaising with the clients; you'll need to ensure feedback is applied efficiently to work.
You need to love working with (and improving) internal processes, and pay meticulous attention to detail. This means that you are proactive with taking feedback onboard, love a challenge, and strive for excellence everyday!
To support the above, you need the following skills:
- Editorial: You’ll have proven skills in editing and proofreading and know how to interpret individual editorial needs for different clients, always maintaining the highest editorial standards, particularly when delivering content to clients. Your level of written English is impeccable.
- You’ll already have experience writing in-depth content outlines for freelance writers, proactively ensuring they have everything needed to deliver work on deadline (and know how to chase up effectively, if not!).
- Project management: You already have solid internal project management skills, and love updating and managing tasks from start to finish! Similarly, you’re obsessive with processes: you’ll proactively improve our existing processes wherever possible, and have enough experience with project management to know that smooth internal processes lie at the heart of every successful business.
- Content SEO basics: You’ll feel comfortable building SEO keyword research into your content, monitoring, and report on ranking results. You’ll work alongside our SEO Consultant so advanced knowledge isn’t essential, but some experience would be beneficial.
Requirements: hard skills
- 3+ years experience in digital marketing, and/or content production
- Impeccable English editorial skills
- Proven experience writing, proofreading and editing
- Expert-level content marketing knowledge
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent project management
- Experience working remotely full time
- Availability to work on European time (GMT/CET)
- WordPress user (advanced usage desirable but not essential), Ahrefs, Google Analytics, GSuite
- Some knowledge of SEO, CRO and marketing methodology
Requirements: soft skills
- Fantastic communication skills: Remote work relies on mutual trust, so frequent and clear written communication is essential
- Receptive to feedback and solutions-oriented: We share and learn from each other honestly, openly and easily
- High level of self-awareness: a “people person”: You’ll be dealing with writers and clients on a daily basis, so this is an integral part of the role
- Proven organisational skills: You must be obsessive with deadlines, managing and updating tasks, and totally reliable
- Self-driven work ethic: You need to be self-motivated, comfortable taking the initiative and see projects through to completion
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in a fully remote-work environment
- Digital marketing agency experience
- Knowledge of the WordPress product industry
- Deeper SEO expertise beyond basic keyword research
- Familiarity with remote project management tools, e.g. Basecamp
- Knowledge of B Corp ethical business principles
- This is a full-time, 100% remote role. Work from home, or the beach!
- Competitive, full-time salary with pension, benchmarked to UK rates and based on experience. We expect this to be ~£28k to £34k/year
- 28 days of paid holiday
- Regular team retreats (in fun places! ~2 per year)
- Attend conferences in Europe (1-2 per year)
- Plenty of scope for personal development, and to grow and add more responsibilities as the business grows
- Maternity/paternity leave, and sick pay
- Sustainable business: we are aiming to become a B Corp by the end of 2021
The application process:
It’s important we find the best candidate for this position, and our selection process will reflect this. You’ll be required to attend at least two interviews (by video call) and carry out a (paid) freelance project with us before we make an employment offer.
We’re fortunate to receive a large volume of applications, so make your application stand out. Please pay special attention to the main responsibilities of this role, and “how to apply”.
We do great work for clients and are building an ethical business that lets everyone do their best work. If you think you could be the next person to join our team, please apply :)
How to apply:
Please apply through the form linked. We will decide who progresses to the next stage based on the form you submit, and your CV. Please give us a good reason to select you! Taking the time to research the role, what we do
, and what you can do for us will increase your chance of success. Your cover letter is where you have the space to do this.
Ellipsis is an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity.
The deadline for submission is the end of the day, CET on 23rd August 2021.
We will then interview some candidates and notify everyone, whether we're proceeding or not. Expect to hear from us after applications have closed.