This probably isn’t the first job description you’ve read today. Perhaps this is one of a dozen you have reviewed this week. So, before we go any further, we want to stop and say thank you for considering this role. The rest of this post will be our pitch to you. We know you have options and we’d like you to consider adding us to that list.
The world is full of strained relationships. Perhaps no place is greater evidence of this than the workplace. The cliché of conflict between manager and employee is age-old and we’re tired of it.
We’re so tired of it, that we’re out to change it.
Leadr is a new kind of people development software, and while that may sound like business jargon, we promise you that this is not your typical business to business software company. At our core, we are helping organizations develop their people by turning managers into coaches and giving employees a voice. We believe today’s employees expect more than just a title and a salary – they seek opportunities to learn, grow, be challenged, and be valued for the ideas they bring to the table. Unfortunately, most organizations lack the tools and structure needed to create a culture to support these expectations across every team and every manager. If this mission matters to you, keep reading.
Our development team at Leadr gets to pioneer this vision through building our world-class product and the systems to support it. We take feedback from our team and customers to create a roadmap to build.
Why You’ll Be Motivated To Apply…
- You’ve mastered the basic skills of software engineering and need a new challenge. Your code is tidy and approaching an art form, your solutions are precisely architected to consider scalability, reliability, monitoring, security, automated testing, maintainability.
- At this stage in your career you want to be asked to solve problems, rather than be “told what to do”.
- You’re excited by our tech stack and know that it presents both an opportunity for you to dazzle us with your current skills but also stretch and grow.
- Leadr is an early stage startup and with that comes amazing career growth opportunities. Perhaps you have worked at large, mature bureaucratic companies or small companies that aren’t really growing. Leadr is neither of those things. You are going to stretch so much you’ll wish you were made out of rubber.
- Leadr is doing something radical and exciting. We think that we can make a really positive impact on the world and be quite profitable in the process. Leadr is a solid financial position and we are expanding rapidly
Remuneration for this role is fixed at $130,000 and includes Series A share options
We are pleased to offer valuable market-rate salary, bonuses, and benefits. We offer PTO, paid holidays, and we are committed to developing you as a leader and providing career growth throughout your employment with us. We promise to care for you as a person, and have meaningful conversations with you so you have the clarity and support you need to do your best work!
What Can You Expect For Your Interview Process?
Here is an overview of the interview loop from start to finish. We’ll keep communication open the entire way so you always know where you stand.
- Complete the kick-off interview form, which is part of the application process.
We take your answers very seriously and will reference them throughout the interview process.
- We like to start out with a 30-minute ‘coffee talk’ meeting either by video or phone call. We’ll use this time to see if we are a good fit for each other.
- Next we will then have a developer work with you on a coding question. This is an exercise to show us your coding chops and your development skills. We set a time limit of two hours on this to keep this to a reasonable length of time.
- The final interview is a meet and greet with the broader team, plus a more in-depth technical Interview. This can be done by video. We’ll dig into how you would go about accomplishing the objectives we shared for the role and your past experience doing similar work.
- Finally, if you like us and we like you, we will get you an offer letter in very short order.
While the problem we’re tackling at Leadr is ambitious, we have reason to be optimistic:
Our team is loaded with talented and experienced people who share a passion for the mission. The executive team has done this before, founding and leading a startup in the payments space to hyper-growth and a successful exit in less than 10 years. Because of our strong track record for success, we’re well funded with plenty of financial runway.
Leadr is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer
Thank you for considering Leadr as the place to share your strengths and talents!
Skills & requirements
Our Tech Stack:
At a high level our tech stack is a React frontend on top of a serverless microservice backend implemented as NodeJS AWS Lambdas with data stored in DGraph, a graph DB. We are moving away from NodeJS to C# (.Net Core) for the backend.
Our SDLC and Deployment Process:
We use a scrum like process, and ship to production once a week. We leverage feature flags heavily to control when we turn features on, and we are working towards eventually being able to safely and reliably deploy code to production several times per day.
You will be set to CRUSH this role If...
- You have 5+ years of experience designing and building enterprise cloud application infrastructure, especially AWS applications.
- You have prior experience building and maintaining CI/CD infrastructure.
- You come from a startup background and are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where you sometimes need to solve problems on your own, and you can drive a project to completion.
- You have worked with feature flags before or similar flow control mechanisms.
- You have a really solid knowledge of database technology. You get bonus points if you have graph database experience, such as DGraph, Neo4j or Neptune.
- You have wired up logging and metrics solutions using technologies such as statsD, grafana, Prometheus, Log4Net, and PagerDuty.
- You are interested in helping to design and build a scalable enterprise application that can support thousands of concurrent users.
- You can devise engineering solutions by considering multiple options and then present the pros/cons including cost, effort, complexity, scalability, maintainability, etc. as part of your proposal and walk others through your decision matrix.
- You’ve built solutions using Terraform or other infrastructure as code, and you have experience setting up container solutions using Docker or Kubernetes.
- You are passionate about what you do, you are a motivated self-starter and always learning and developing.
- Given a complex 3-month long body of work you would be able to break that down into work units, estimate accurately, plan the work and execute it precisely within the expectations you’ve set with your team. You know you can do this because you’ve done it before.
- You have a passion for our mission (developing people), and can’t wait to have a positive impact on our team and our customers.
This role is now and always will be fully remote for US residents. We have found some states present employment compliance barriers that prevent us working with remote workers in those states: CA, CO and NY are on that list.
If you live near Plano, or want to relocate there, you are welcome to come in to work in the office.