Are you an Architect who enjoys being hands-on in a startup environment? If so, read on!
*Please note: You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions.
*This role can be on-site or remote U.S.
About Auto Approve
Auto Approve is a nationwide auto loan refinance company, assisting vehicle owners by reducing their interest rates and payments. We believe that most people are paying too much on everything, including their vehicle. That’s why we’re here - to be your expert on refinancing, auto lease purchasing, and all things refi.
Auto Approve is always looking for great talent to grow with us in a fast-paced environment. Join our rapidly expanding teams for life changing innovation in building our next generation platform.
About the Opportunity
As the Software Architect at Auto Approve, you will work closely with cross- functional product, engineering, and operational teams to build solutions that simplify the auto refinance process. You will be responsible for setting the technical direction and vision for the engineering team to deliver the product roadmap. To be successful in the role you must be an experienced engineer who enjoys both leading projects and being an individual contributor / technical expert.
Key Duties Include:
- Define an Architectural roadmap that is aligned with the Product Roadmap.
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions that modernize our existing tech stacks.
- Actively contribute to the codebase by writing high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code, including conducting design and code review to ensure alignment with standards.
- Manage and identify risks in our systems that require architectural changes to be mitigated.
- Work with stakeholders to understand desired initiatives and implement application capabilities.
- Shape and continuously improve software engineering practices and mentor other developers on the use and purpose of sound engineering practices.
- Foster and cultivate a culture of continuous delivery and improvement with an emphasis on full lifecycle ownership of the applications that the tech teams deliver.
- Balance the competing demands of rapid iteration and system reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, related field OR equivalent experience.
- Experience with one or more technology stacks (EX: Java Spring, .NET Core, Node.JS, Python, etc.) with a desire to learn more as needed.
- Experience with architecting enterprise scale applications.
- Experience in developing scalable applications and architectural standards.
- Experience with architectural patterns, building APIs, microservices, event streams, and high throughput systems.
- Experience integrating with 3rd party applications and APIs.
- Experience with Cloud Native technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform).
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience using modern build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Docker, etc.