Please make sure to read the application thoroughly and follow the appropriate application process, incomplete applications will not be considered.
We believe the place where you are born shouldn't determine your opportunities in life. We provide access to global opportunities by offering a world-class education no matter where you come from.
Microverse is an online school for software developers where students learn to work remotely with people from around the world. Students don't pay tuition until they get hired and start a global career. As of today, we have students in 100+ countries, and 96% of our graduates get a job within 6 months with an average salary increase of 240% working for companies like Microsoft, Huawei, and VMWare.
We are backed by amazing investors worldwide, including Y Combinator, Northzone, General Catalyst, and many world-class angel investors, such as Paul Graham, Paul Buchheit (the creator of Gmail), Kevin Hartz (the founder of Eventbrite), and Erica Brescia (Github's COO).
We are a passionate and fast-moving team of global citizens working remotely from 12+ countries. Being remote-first and transparent, we take pride in the amazing remote culture we are building, while also making time for in-person time with team members around the world. We are a small but mighty team of curious, life-long learners, who love tackling challenges and helping shape the future of education.
Talent is universal, but opportunity is not. We're on a mission to change that. With the recent closing of our Series A, there has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team.
We are looking for a seasoned professional with experience in both Customer Support and Customer Success.
Our admissions team (currently three people) manages over five thousand applicants each month through scalable operations and processes. Your role is to find creative ways to provide customized yet highly scalable support and coaching to our applicants.
You'll need Customer Support & Success know-how but will push beyond the typical boundaries of these areas. In this role, you'll implement best practices from both areas, ideate and implement ways of proactively providing support, and be a strong voice in determining our applicant experience. To thrive in this role, you must be an excellent communicator, think in a strategic and customer-centric way, and be willing to "get your hands dirty" when needed.
If you meet these criteria and have a passion for helping close the opportunity gap, helping others, and finding creative ways to proactively solve customer problems, then this job is perfect for you.
- The hands-on management of our Applicant Support & Success team (currently just one other person), including overseeing the quality and scalability of our support & coaching, defining our customer support & success KPIs, hiring and training, handling escalated tickets, and setting up best practices for customer engagement.
- Improving the efficiency (scalability) and effectiveness of our applicant support and coaching in a customer-centric way by expanding on our customer support articles, improving our templated answers, and creating customer support automations (e.g., chatbots).
- Owning the "proactive" (outbound) communication journey of our applicants and incoming students. You'll help create customized drip campaigns for applicants, lead webinars and Q&A sessions, and help other Admissions team members develop strong, applicant-centric communications.
- Embodying the Voice of the Applicant for all of Microverse and advising/assisting the Microverse team with decisions on behalf of applicants. Beyond acting as a "first line of defense" to identify UX, UI, operational, and strategic issues, we also want you and your team to think of and propose systematic solutions to customer issues (e.g., suggesting improvements to our Admissions platform that will proactively address customer concerns and questions).
- Improving our ability to run analytics on our customer support, running weekly or bi-weekly analyses on our support center, and using data to improve processes and efficiencies around customer communication and information needs.
- 2+ years of relevant experience managing a team, setting strategy, and overseeing customer support or customer success operations.
- Native or bilingual in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly process-driven and can scale customer success in creative ways
- Experience setting up and using customer support tools (e.g., Intercom) and automations (e.g., automated tagging, managing chatbots, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Have used data to improve processes and efficiencies around customer communication and information needs
- Resourceful and proactive at identifying problems and experimenting with solutions
- Promote and embody a culture of high-performance, continuous improvement and learning, and work-life harmony
- High empathy for working with individuals from different countries and cultures
- Consider yourself to be a global citizen and are passionate about making opportunities more equally distributed around the world
- Have previous experience working for a remote or distributed startup
- Have experience with Intercom or Zendesk
- Have experience creating outbound communication (e.g., announcements, designing support email campaigns) and have worked with messaging platforms, such as Customer.io
- Are based in Europe, Africa, South America, or the Eastern Time Zone of North America (for max. timezone overlap with the rest of the team)
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company and make a positive impact on thousands of people around the world
- Leading remote-first working culture
- International company retreats with our global team once every ~9 months
- Learning and development stipend for books, courses, and conferences
- Hardware & office set up stipend
- Unlimited PTO and 12 weeks fully-paid parental leave
- Work alongside our fully distributed team from 12+ different countries
- Our team believes in and embodies our core values:
- We are global citizens
- We are passionate about our mission
- We invest in people
- We are eager learners
- We are transparent
- We take ownership of our work
- We live a harmonious life
How to Apply
- Send us a short paragraph telling us why you think you are a great fit for this position and include the word "sunshine" to make sure that you read the entire job description. Applications without an introduction including the word "sunshine" will not be moved forward in the process.
- This position is a full-time remote position.
- Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only be able to get back to you if we decide to move forward with your application.
- If you pass the first screening, we will invite you to the second step of our hiring process where we use a tool called Hireflix to ask a few questions. We use this tool to promote asynchronous communication and to achieve a more objective initial screening - both of which are very important in our remote environment.
- Following steps: Interview with the hiring manager, short take-home assignment**,** general and cultural fit interview with a team member, and finally, a cultural fit interview with our CEO.
Microverse is an equal opportunity employer and acts in this capacity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Salary & Compensation
At Microverse, salaries are transparent and based on location and experience. The salary range for this role could be between $41,200 - $81,300. We used Medellin, Colombia and London, UK for the range benchmarks.
Some example salaries for locations are below:
Mexico City: $47,708
Sao Paulo: $45,271
New York City: $77,569
The equity compensation for this role is 0.033%.