Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
As the Head of Business Operations, you will manage and execute a central function within relayr that delivers the systems and operations responsible for enabling sales, marketing, and customer project & portfolio development operations. You will be responsible for overseeing a team of individual and senior contributors who have a broad set of experiences covering our end-to-end customer journey.
Your task is to provide guidance and coordinate these functions, so they drive towards more efficient, cohesive, and scalable operations. This is a critical role in the organization and is required to ensure we can support and measure the health of our business and its operations. You can be based in Berlin or Munich.
- Leading a team of multi-disciplinary individual and senior contributors who drive systems and processes across various elements of our operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that we have the systems and processes required to support our business as it carries out functions related to sales, marketing, and project & portfolio delivery.
- Responsible for guiding these functions to help ensure that they work together like clockwork to enable scale.
- Being a thought leader for best practices and operational excellence across the entire organization
- Responsible for putting the processes and systems in place to ensure we measure the right metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) required for us to track the success of our business and its operations.
- Driving an outside-in perspective towards building and scaling our operations.
- Working to reduce inefficiencies within our systems and processes to ensure scale.
- Driving a vision that ensures our systems can communicate with one another to enable further efficiency and build a comprehensive view across our business.
- Working closely with other departments to create frameworks around the adaption of our systems, processes and working modes.
- Acting as a sparring partner and advising the Regions on how to continuously improve their own operations.
- Work towards establishing a consistent means of sharing data and analytics insights across the organization
- Promoting the adoption of common systems and processes within the broader organization.
- Travel time up to 20% (once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted)
- 5-7 years of experience in Revenue, Sales, or Marketing Operations Management
- Broad experience with tools that manage operations and collaboration (e.g. Salesforce administration, Eloqua or other CRM, SEP, and marketing automation tools)
- Experience with data visualization and dashboarding tools (e.g., Power BI preferred)
- Strong quantitative analysis skills and an analytical mindset geared towards solving problems
- Having worked in agile start-up or fast-paced environments – experience working with OKRs a benefit
- An empathic leader with a structured approach to problem-solving and conflict-resolution
- A proven history delivering key operational projects, ideally working with cross-functional teams
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s in Business Administration or other similar field is a plus
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Modern office located in Kreuzberg or Munich Central Tower with a relaxation room, standing-desks, free fruits, and a high-end espresso machine
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, access our expanding professional library, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free German classes at all levels
- Have some fun with regular team lunches and offsites, a yearly company summit, and our branded goodies
- Competitive salary
- We fully support your move to Berlin or Munich with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city!
- 30 paid vacation days + public holidays
- We partner with Fürstenberg Institute to provide our employees with psychological support and career coaching.
- Discounted Urban Sports Club membership
- Choose between a Mac, Windows, or a Linux machine
- We offer the ability to work with the newest tech-stack and the most talented engineers in IoT industry!