- minimum 2 years experience in an outbound sales role (this is a biggie)
- worked in a frontline job and have empathy for the users we serve (we value this a lot)
- sold software before (another biggie)
- aren't afraid get your hands dirty and own a pipeline (in other words, be an owner)
- love to nurture relationships and your network (this is about the skill of network-building)
- have impeccable communication skills (be your own copywriter)
So, you got this far, and you're still reading. Let's talk about the nuts and bolts.
About the job
Outbound sales: Your work focuses on outbound sales. We're growing fast. Present and demonstrate the value of Opus to prospective buyers. Conducts sales needs analysis with new and prospective customers in the form of intro or discovery calls. Follow up with prospects several times throughout the sales cycle to ensure needs are being met. Own objections and negotiations. Lead your pipeline from cold email to close.
Connect dots: Stay current on Opus offerings and industry trends. Build long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with external contacts and internal departments to create a better customer experience. You work for a diverse range of humans and industries. Building relationships with prospects will be the central part of your job so you have impeccable and professional communication skills.
Reporting: Our sales process is fast and simple, but (like any startup) requires iteration and thought. So, metrics matter. Maintain CRM and all sales databases necessary to report sales activity and customer information. We improve as a team when we have data on our inputs and what is working. AEs manage personal reporting on metrics everyday and every quarter.
Quotas: You are responsible for achieving a monthly sales quota in data, phone, and video sales. Experienced AEs will have an understanding of this and can deliver on quotas or partner with the executive team to analyze where there are deficiencies. Let's build a machine.
Product Insights: We work as a team to learn from prospects, customers, and community in order to build the best experience for all of our stakeholders. Work with product and success teams to communicate prospective needs. Compile and analyze data in partnership with executive team to find trends.
Let's talk about comp and employee wellness.
Benefits & Compensation
- Competitive base salary and uncapped commission
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- Remote-friendly work
- Other perks: Kid-friendly environment, Summer Fridays, team game time, speaker series with leaders in our network, un-birthday celebrations