Tanooki Labs is a full service agency focused on helping entrepreneurs and innovation leaders bring new products to life and we’re looking to expand our product design group. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of product design concepts and UX best practices for mobile and web applications across a number of industries. Candidates should also have at minimum 2-3 years of experience in an agency or in-house and expect to fill 15 - 20 hours a week.
Our group ethos is “we’re highly opinionated but not dogmatic” and we’re looking for creative designers who share that philosophy. Tanooki Labs focuses on entrepreneurship and as a result we work with everything from business software solutions for fleet management to health and wellness apps.
- Be a part of the creative process with our Head of Design and Creative Director helping to drive innovation in user interface and experience.
- Apply brand identity, typography, photography, color and other established elements to create innovative solutions across a number of industries.
- Work autonomously and maintain an awareness of status and project deliverables.
- Attend creative sessions and interface directly with staff (product and development) and clients as necessary.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in web and/or mobile design.
- Knowledge of best practices for mobile and desktop user interfaces.
- Expertise in design software. We work in Figma.
- A portfolio showcasing innovative design solutions across a breadth of business verticals.
- Ability to respond to communications effectively and in a timely manner (we live in Slack with daily standups and weekly demo/retros).
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to work independently as well as take direction.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the natural ability to articulate and defend design decisions.