Hi, hey, hello.
I’m Anne Marie, the Customer Success Manager at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup on a mission to help teams make better hiring decisions: faster and without bias.
We’re growing fast so we’re in need of another person to join our customer success team.
What’s in it for you?
- You can work from anywhere in the world (the entire team is remote, spread across eleven countries and counting)
- Help shape a fast-growing, VC-backed HR tech startup as an early employee
- A smart, motivated, supportive team from diverse backgrounds
- €14,000 - €24,000 annual compensation (base + discretionary bonus, based on experience and performance), stock options
- Hours are (mostly) flexible, and so is your vacation
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve that, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
In 2020, we launched our screening platform
that allows employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results that measure aptitude, practical job skills, culture add, and motivation.
Improving and expanding this platform is our current core focus, but it’s only the beginning of our journey. Over time, we will launch more products that support our mission to put everyone in their dream role.
Recently, we procured $10M in seed funding
from investors like Notion Capital and Jeff Weiner (yes, the ex-CEO of LinkedIn), and our growth is on target to continue exponentially.
Chances are you’re familiar with some of our biggest customers, like the National Health Services, 3M, Sony, Boy Scouts of America, PepsiCo, Bain & Company, and Deloitte.
We work remotely, spread across 5 continents and 11 countries (and counting).
The job in a nutshell
This is a full-time position where your core responsibility will be spending your day providing fast, painless, and accurate customer support via email. Additionally, you’ll help on live chat, assist with documentation, and proactively reach out to help folks who might not yet know they need it.
You’ll become an expert in all areas of TestGorilla: providing guidance around pricing and how to use the product, as well as troubleshooting technical issues when they arise, liaising between the customer and development team, to ensuring the customer is continuously informed along the way.
This is a full-time position in which you are the first in line to help; your understanding of the product and our customers will be incredibly valuable for the business.
- This role is Monday through Friday, Central European business hours, with weekend coverage every 3 to 4 weeks.
- Answer email based support inquiries, as well as live chat
- Help convert free users to paid plans, correctly identifying larger opportunities that are ideal for sales demos
- Proactively reach out to customers to help with onboarding, driving adoption
- Assist as needed with things like documentation, research, and other side projects
There is no set path to any role at TestGorilla. We’re open to applicants from various backgrounds.
At the end of the day, our ideal hire is motivated by doing right by our customers and by what we’re doing as a company; someone who believes in the value of quality customer communication, and is eager to contribute to the success of all of our customers.
- Ideally, you have at least two years of experience working in customer support or success for a SaaS product, but quality customer service skills will do the trick
- Availability to work from 9am - 5pm CET, with one weekend shift every three to four weeks. For the first month, availability to work 12pm - 8pm CET to overlap with myself for onboarding purposes.
- You have native proficiency in verbal and written English.
- You are very comfortable working remotely
- You’re an incredible communicator and an excellent writer. You can take complex subjects and break them down using clear and simple writing.
- You’re an aspiring generalist, but are more technical than typical customer service professionals. You’re comfortable troubleshooting issues, and are excited to increase your technical knowledge, such as how to make use of advanced Chrome user functionalities.
- You’re cool under stress. You accept that sometimes outages and system wide bugs occur, causing a flood of customer communications. You don’t let this affect your empathy and kindness toward customers.
- You’re organized and self-sufficient. You thrive working independently, but know when to ask for help.
- You are receptive to feedback, embracing the opportunity to grow and improve. You’re a resourceful problem solver with a strong desire to learn.
- You can handle difficult customers with ease and professionalism.
- You are comfortable advocating for the customer if something doesn’t make sense. We don’t know everything, and building an incredible product takes a team effort.
- You know that great customer service is all about managing expectations around what will be done and when. You are comfortable setting those expectations.
- You’re extremely attentive to detail
- You care about doing good work. You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
- Knowledge of HubSpot and Jira are a plus, but not a requirement
What do you think?
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns, or dog friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office) but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our skills assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. We’ve all taken one to get our own positions!
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment
so we can get a better idea about whether you have the skills we need. It’s also a great opportunity for you to experience our product first hand.
Don’t worry! We’re not going to test you on anything crazy technical (though a calculator and pen & paper might be good to have handy).