Come work on one of the fastest growing products in ArcGIS, the ArcGIS API for Python, a Pythonic API for your web GIS. It allows ArcGIS analysts, data scientists, developers, administrators, and anyone with an ArcGIS Online subscription or ArcGIS Enterprise to leverage the rich Python ecosystem to accomplish a wide variety of tasks, ranging from performing big data analysis to managing their web GIS and automate such workflows.
In this role, you will gain valuable experience on how to design and develop an API in Python as well as develop on top of successful open source projects such as conda, Jupyter notebooks, Docker, etc. and also in contemporary software development paradigms such as test driven development and continuous integration.
- Participate in design and development of the ArcGIS API for Python
- Develop widgets and extensions for Jupyter Notebook and JupyterLab
- Leverage open source as well as proprietary modules using Python
- Perform bug fixes, documentation, and maintenance tasks
- Author samples and guides using Jupyter Notebooks
- Familiarity with ArcGIS suite of products and concepts of GIS
- 1+ years of experience with high level programming languages such as Python
- Understanding of REST APIs and web programming
- A strong drive and interest to learn new technologies quickly and work in a fast-paced software development environment
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, GIS, or related disciplines, depending on position level
- Experience using Python libraries such as pandas and numpy, geospatial libraries such as shapely, Fiona or GDAL, and machine learning libraries such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow or PyTorch