At Too Good To Go, we have an ambitious goal: to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste.
Why do we need to do that? Because 1/3 of the food produced in the world is wasted. And that has a huge impact on the health of our planet, 8% of greenhouse gas emissions come from food waste!
As the world’s largest food waste-fighting app, we connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. But we’re more than an app: we are a certified B Corporation and our mission is to inspire and empower everyone to take action against food waste, so we’re doing all we can to create educational tools, make our knowledge as accessible as possible, find new business solutions and even change legislation to reduce food waste.
We’re growing fast, with our community of 42 million users in 15 countries saving more than 85 million meals from going to waste! But there’s still a lot more we want to achieve.
That means we’re looking for talented people with diverse skills and backgrounds to add to our rapidly growing team. That is where you come in: we’re looking for an exceptional interim Head of Marketing to join us in our Berlin office, starting in September (or earlier) in a Maternity cover capacity.
This role will initially be on a fixed term contract of 8-10 months, however as we are growing a powerful Local & Global Marketing team in the coming 12-24 months, we would be delighted to invite applications from people who might hope to build long term careers in Too Good To Go.
We are looking for an experienced, dedicated and results-driven Head of Marketing to play a key role in the growth of Too Good To Go in Germany. You will evolve, develop and deploy winning marketing strategies to take Too Good To Go to new levels of performance and maximise our impact in the fight against food waste.
You will lead an established, highly motivated Marketing team of 10, delivering rapid growth in Too Good To Go’s brand awareness, partner acquisition, and customer engagement. Working closely with the global Chief Marketing Officer, you will take responsibility for the German marketing strategy and budget, executing existing plans and campaigns before setting out specific goals for the next business planning cycle.
Reporting to the Germany Country Manager, you will also join the German Management team, partnering with leaders of the Independent Sales business development teams, as well as Success, People & Culture and our food waste Movement.
- Drive and execute all integrated marketing plans, country communications and PR initiatives that substantially grow inbound B2B leads, new registered users, new paying users and increase brand awareness.
- You especially focus on performance Marketing and can make sure to enhance existing processes in that manner.
- Work with our CMO and Global Marketing team to create the strategic positioning and messaging for Too Good To Go towards our key audiences and overall ecosystem.
- Leadership of the German Marketing team, supporting and developing them in a positive and collaborative manner to ensure the team fulfils their potential.
- Drive our demand generation with end-to-end acquisition campaigns and launch processes for all growth endeavours to achieve best ever results.
- Overall responsibility for all B2C and B2B actions for Too Good To Go in Germany from beginning to end.
- Measure marketing effectiveness and KPIs to drive continuous improvement in strategy and output.
- Inspire and empower as a leader by fostering a high-performance culture to support our mission and business objectives.
What we offer:
- Strong experience working and leading in Marketing (10+ years). This has exposed you to numerous brand and marketing environments and methodologies that you can draw on to lead the Marketing team and strategy.
- A natural leader with both an eye for the business and the people, with proven experience in managing a team and an exceptional understanding of how to motivate a team and drive performance.
- Proven track record with B2B Partnerships and bringing a strong brand to the next level by engaging partners.
- Strategic and broad marketing mindset with a talent for brand building and pushing beyond the obvious.
- Excellent numeracy skills, with proven experience managing large marketing budgets and delivering results.
- Strong communication skills, able to translate plans and marketing ideas to all parts of the organisation.
- Exceptional organisational and multitasking skills, with the ability to adapt and innovate in an ever-changing fast-growing environment.
- A make-it-happen person who doesn't hesitate to roll up your sleeves – but you also think about the long-term business implications and requirements.
- A true passion for sustainability - you understand the urgency of action for the planet.
- Experience in tech or F&B companies is a strong plus.
- Fluency in German and proficiency in English required
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with over 1050 enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across numerous countries – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
- A competitive salary.
- Additional benefits like edenred+, Urbansportsclub and company pension planning
- A beautiful, green office in the heart of Berlin Kreuzberg
How to apply
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or Linkedin direct messaging.