Have you always wondered what the world of secure communication looks like? Or perhaps you are feeling the itch of wanting to make an impact?
At Zivver, we're building the future of secure communications. Our platform helps over a million of users securely communicate sensitive information in all different sectors and we're rapidly scaling up. Our guiding philosophy is that secure communication requires excellent usability. To help us in this journey we’re currently expanding the team with a .NET Engineer.
As a .NET Engineer your job is to deliver quality for our outlook plugin which is used by around 1.5 million users. You will not only be making an impact on secure communications, but on many levels; helping your teammates grow, sharing your voice and knowledge within the team and initiating new ways of working.
A day at Zivver
It's Wednesday morning and it's time to get to work. You decide when you start and end the day, as long as you attend any required meetings and keep your team up-to-date on what you're doing. With COVID-restrictions in place, almost everyone works from home.
Today, you're finishing up a story that allows you to show a notification when a message has been sent successfully in our Outlook plugin. You're just completing the unit tests, and will create a merge request soon. You'll need to ping a few developers for review.
You start by checking your emails for Sentry event tracking notifications or merge requests and reply to them. You notice that a test is failing for which you have some doubts so you connect with your peers on Slack and together you fix the issue within an hour. You schedule a meeting with the team this week to discuss the lessons learned and how we can avoid future issues.
Then it’s time to pick up the task you assigned yourself from the board of the current Sprint. You’ve found yourself in a puzzle and reach out to the team on Slack to answer your questions and discuss strategies with.
Around noon people get together in groups to lunch and take a break. Perfect time to be connected with your peers in real-life again! Right after lunch-time the team meets for its daily stand-up meeting and right after all the teams align to discuss common work and deployments.
After a productive morning you revise your plan for the rest of the day, your colleague asks for your help as you’re the most experienced on the matter and would love to get your vision on it. You share your knowledge and best practices and then off to a meeting with the team in the afternoon. You love them because they always bring up interesting discussions and new insights!
It is getting late and after a productive day you are closing your laptop and off you go on your bike back home. You decide to come in late tomorrow, as you want to go for a swim in the morning. You know it’s okay as long as you attend any required meetings and keep your team up-to-date on what you're doing.
· #raisethebar is your mantra
· Not all ideas end up being great, but every great solution starts with creative ideas
· We explore new technologies but understand the need for delivering a reliable and mature product
· Your opinion matters, and you’ll make an impact on so many different levels
· Develop new features for and maintain performance of the Zivver Outlook plugin
· Review code of colleagues and suggest improvements
· Be the go-to person for internal communication
· Successfully triage issues and solve bugs
· Contribute to the increased stability, scalability and usability of the Zivver platform
· You understand the value of team effort, you share your input so together we can get stuff done
· You have high standards for code quality
· You’re not afraid to share your opinion and advocate on your expertise
· An exciting, fast-growing, energetic environment
· Flexible working hours and location (we fully support working-from-home or remotely)
· A pension plan
· Great office and awesome people with different nationalities
· At least €1.000,- per year on personal development budget
· Not a single day will feel the same
Skills / Experience
Personality / Attitude
If you’re still reading and excited about this role, we welcome your application even if you think you don’t meet all the requirements. We understand that no candidate is perfect, and would love to hear your story.
Backend Engineer, Connecterra BVAmsterdam Full Time Employment | 50k € - 60k €
Data Engineer, Clay Solutions B.V.Amsterdam Full Time Employment
Data Engineer, Sam MediaAmsterdam Full Time Employment
Data Engineer, Flow TradersAmsterdam Full Time Employment
Lead Software Engineer, fundaAmsterdam Full Time Employment | 75k € - 90k €