As a Backend Engineer you will help design, implement, and maintain a secure and tested application, frequently liaising with other teams across multiple disciplines. You’re a self-starter / self-motivator who doesn’t require micromanagement while being flexible and a multitasker and innate ability to keep a cool head and open to working in a start-up environment. If you are a skilled coder and a fast learner who thrives in challenging environments and has a creative yet pragmatic approach to problem-solving, read on!
- Provides direct value to farmers and enterprises
- Collaborate with the Data Science team by providing them with quality data and delivering their models’ output to customers via application services.
- As part of the team, you will contribute to the why (roadmap), what (story review), how (detailed design and architecture) and when (work estimation, deadlines etc.) as we build the product plans
- Level-up your craft via design discussions, code reviews and pair programming, participating in an environment of collaboration and innovation
- Provide Tier 3 support (identify, troubleshoot, fix and workaround) for applications and services – you own your code!
- Write applications that are modular, well tested and easy to maintain
- Develop, deploy and maintain back-end services and APIs, for internal or external use
If you are a skilled coder and a fast learner who thrives in challenging environments and has a creative yet pragmatic approach to problem-solving, read on!
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering, including:
- Familiarity with back end / web service frameworks (C# / .NET preferred, Python a plus)
- Design and use of RESTful APIs (OData desirable) and Cloud-based microservices leveraging queues and serverless functions with state caching (Azure preferred)
- Relational and non-relational databases (SQL Server, MongoDB)
- MVC and ORM paradigms (EntityFramework desirable)
- Modern unit testing and CI/CD practices, ideally in the context of complex multi-repo code bases
- Microservice principles of Service Discovery, CQRS/Event Sourcing, Distributed Tracing, and Service Integration Testing are a plus
- Team player who challenges assumptions, identifies blind spots, and constantly levels up their craft
- Resourceful, proactive, and constructive when faced with incomplete requirements and multiple priorities
- Thirst for knowledge, a can-do attitude, and a willingness to learn from mistakes!