Hi there!! We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help grow our feature teams. We at GraphCMS have innovative, passionate and committed people working together to build the most advanced content management system on the market. GraphCMS is trusted by an enthusiastic community of over 40,000 teams delivering millions of digital experiences worldwide, and is a strong content infrastructure that powers the applications of global brands like Unilever, Discovery and Shure.
We are focused on developer-centric product adoption with an enterprise offering, and most of our efforts on the user facing side are to empower developers to build their best with a modern stack. At GraphCMS you will be part of a vibrant community of GraphQL enthusiasts.
Purpose of your Team and Role
You will be part of one of our product feature teams and you will be reporting to the team leader. Together with your team you will be a key contributor in developing our main product.
What you will be working on
- Building and improving our core backend services.
- Developing and maintaining GraphCMS distributed backend infrastructure.
- Constantly improving our backend capabilities.
- Extending monitoring system for troubleshooting issues and outages related to the infrastructure.
- Setting up testing strategies and mechanisms for all vital parts of the stack.
- Sharing knowledge and general know how in the company.
What we expect from you
- 5+ years of engineering experience.
- Deep knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience with strongly typed languages (ideally Golang/Typescript).
- Experience writing testable code, following best practices and design patterns when applicable.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Experience with testing distributed systems.
- Ability to meaningfully measure performance.
- Hands on mentality and team player awareness.
- Knowledge of Docker and containerized applications is a plus.
- Great oral and written communication in English (German is a plus).
- Startup experience is a huge plus.
- Devops experience (Amazon Web Services, Pulumi) is a plus.
Working at GraphCMS
- We have a low-ego environment where all our team members are empathetic, always understanding and ready to support each other.
- Our “manager of one” work style enables a work place that is run through trust and empowers people to perform their best.
- Our team members are super passionate about our product and self motivation is the driving factor for our teams' success.
- We believe in a remote-first approach where everyone is encouraged to do their best from wherever they are, and work together with individual responsibility and accountability. A flexible work environment encourages people to work according to what works best for them and maintain a good work life balance.
- We are an international and friendly team spread across 9 countries, coming together once a year for our annual off-site/retreat.
- We provide a competitive compensation package, latest IT equipment, and a personal growth & education package.
Please expect the following steps for this role after you apply. The response time is usually within 1 week for each step. You could expect some alterations when necessary.
- Intro call with People Manager and Hiring Manager
- Mini case study or assignment wherever applicable
- Interview with Hiring Manager(s)
- Team-fit conversation
GraphCMS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds. We believe that diversity, unique backgrounds, qualities, and different cultures enriches the productivity at our work space and also promotes innovation and creativity.