Compensation: Competitive salary, telecom bonus, robust healthcare package, flexible unlimited PTO & stock!
Location: US Remote (must be based in US)
Model: DIRECT HIRE NOT C2C
We're growing rapidly and looking for a talented Data Engineers, like you, who is passionate about Cybersecurity and cares about helping to build great products that solve big problems!
Our engineers work on products that make a difference in the world! From petty financial crimes up through major extortion & election hijacking events, many social engineering attacks start with phishing emails. We also build state of the art tools for IT and security operations centers, helping them identify & kill phishing attacks for large enterprises and organizations.
Reporting to the Director, Production Engineering, the Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for owning our database systems to meet product requirements for availability, performance, security, and reliability
- Build tools and automation that provide safe, self-service capabilities to the Production Engineering and Software Engineering teams, integrating into their CI/CD workflows.
- Ensure quality and best practices in database architecture, design, provisioning, resiliency, performance analysis and tuning, monitoring, alerting, database security and governance.
- Own our database systems and meet critical availability, performance, security, and reliability goals.
- Engineer efficient, adaptable, and scalable data pipelines to process structured and unstructured data
- Work with software engineers to design data models and choose the correct datastores
- Promote and implement best practices in observability (monitoring, tracing, alerting, logging) and incident response.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to mitigate site disruption.
- Enable analytics by building robust, reliable data sets that can power various analytic techniques like regression, classification, clustering
- Develop subject-matter expertise in the business problems Cofense aims to solve
- Implementation of security best practices
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Proficient in at least one of Java, Python or Scala
- Familiarity and comfort with distributed systems
- Comfortable with complex SQL
- Familiar with the Data Lifecycle and concepts such as lineage, governance, privacy, retention, anonymity, etc
- Engineering of data pipelines using technologies like Hive, Presto, Druid, Spark, etc...
- Ability to troubleshoot database performance issues in a production environment
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 7+ years in software engineering roles with experience in DRE, Data Engineering and/or DBA roles; a focus on tooling, automation and database systems operation.
- Strong experience with three or more of MySQL or MariaDB, AWS Aurora, PostgreSQL, AWS RDS, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, AWS DMS
- Production experience with AWS and Linux environments.
- Experience managing infrastructure with code using tools like Terraform
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.