What we’re looking for
Laterpay is looking for someone to fill a dual role serving as a Project Manager with an understanding of and interest in Product to help execute product initiatives across the company. In this role, you will manage the development of solutions and the implementation of requirements to support the growth of Laterpay monetization products worldwide.
You will bridge the business and technical worlds as you use your expertise to ensure that our projects meet the needs of the market, our development team, and our business teams. You will work closely with our business team and engineers to guide and drive execution.
As a Project Manager interested in Product at Laterpay, you will
- Be instrumental in building the future of our product by working with the team to execute on requirements
- Have the opportunity to make an impact in this high visibility work; translating and gatekeeping requirements from the leadership team to the development teams
- Understand customer needs and work with the business, design, and engineering team to conceptualise thoughtful ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to the product
- Assess potential product features and requests towards the product vision and strategy
- Collaborate with engineering teams to help determine the optimal balance between a lean technical implementation and an exceptional user experience
- Manage the product development process from conception to implementation including creating user stories and bug tickets, owning backlog prioritization, collaborating during sprint planning sessions, communicating estimates and project status to our leadership team, and serving as our product and quality assurance specialist
Our ideal candidate has
- At least two years project management experience, with a desire to break into a product role
- Comfortable managing several ongoing projects across multiple teams
- Clear written and verbal communication skills, experience communicating in an asynchronous work environment a plus
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas, such as product management, engineering, UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing is an advantage
- Ability to achieve strategic goals in a fast-paced, agile, uncertain, startup environment
- Detail-oriented with proven experience analyzing, problem-solving and documenting complex business processes and user journeys
- Comfortable with ambiguity and enjoys the challenge of meeting a tough deadline
- Working knowledge of Jira required
How we work
Laterpay has around 30 people spread over 10+ countries in time zones from UTC-8 to UTC+2. We’re a distributed team, though we have offices in Munich (DE) and New York (US).
We care more about the things you do than your presence in a chair at a desk at 9am every day. That said, most of us work Monday - Friday from 7ish UTC to 4ish UTC, and ideally your schedule will overlap at least 4 hours (in the European afternoon). We try to be as asynchronous
as possible, but still feel that we need some “synchronicity” to work well.
Our values are:
- Be fearless. Be entrepreneurial.
- Simplify things.
- Own your decisions. Your successes. Your mistakes.
- Enjoy diversity and inclusion.
- Work as a team. Trust each other.
We’re proud to have employees from many different nationalities, races, genders, ages, backgrounds, educations, and levels of experience. We believe that intentionally assembling a diverse team is not only the right thing to do, but also helps to ensure we build a product that works for and appeals to an audience that faithfully reflects our communities and our shared planet.
- AllHands (biannual team event, when we’re allowed to travel again)
- Training budget (€1,000/year)
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
- Distributed, international team
- Flexible work
- Company laptop
If this sounds interesting, please apply here and
- Upload your CV
- Please include the following answers in your cover letter:
- An experience you have had as a project manager at a software company
- What made the project a success (or failure)?
- What have you learned from it?
Preference is given to applications with a cover letter that includes answers to the questions above.
Applications for this position close on August 27.
Salary range: €65k - €85k / year, negotiable based on experience and skills level