Requirements: Full-Time Resource is within a 30-minute drive to the office in Lewisville, TX for onsite meetings and collaborations. We do have a work-from-home policy, but we are looking for this resource to interact with the local departments and be in the office a bit to interact with the team.
Lead Developer role to work with offshore development and contribute towards code refactoring and new feature development efforts.
This role provides a high degree of flexibility to shape the future of the product and work with a team that has been working on the product for over 3 years and is being used daily.
- Extensive experience in software development in Java, Spring Boot, Spring core, Tomcat, JPA, Hibernate
- Strong experience in designing, architecting, deploying, and refactoring applications.
- Extensive experience in both consuming and implementing APIs.
- Expert in designing and implementing high-performing microservices.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming and Design Patterns.
- Knowledge of distributed source code control e.g. git, GitHub, GitLab.
- Knowledge of relational databases (e.g., Postgres, MySQL).
- Application performance tuning and database performance tuning is desired.
- Knowledge and experience with cloud platforms and deployments using infrastructure-as-code practices is a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodology.
- Proven ability to exercise effective technical solutions and innovate quickly.
- Coordinate with the business to understand product feature requirements and articulate them to the development team.
- Development & Refactoring of existing code as well as new feature development.
- Code reviews and instituting agile software development processes.
- Delivery of software applications and development of high quality, within the agreed scope.
- Maintain code quality. (high stability, readability, low defect rates)
- Support fellow team members in sharing technical know-how.