We are Apheris, a deep tech company at the forefront of the AI revolution that is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent how organizations collaborate and extract value from data.
The Apheris Platform sets out to empower organizations to securely analyze distributed data of multiple parties, while keeping proprietary information private. Our platform allows multiple organizations with complementary data to create an Apheris Data Ecosystem and generate shared value from their data. We have set up such Data Ecosystems for large enterprise customers in healthcare, pharma and chemical R&D, and we are ready for the next big challenges.
Our company is a community of interdisciplinary and industry-leading researchers and engineers. As a team, we work to solve complex problems in order to revolutionize the ways that our customers can interact with data. We are driven by our high-impact values and strive for the impossible. Together, we aim to create a whole that is far more than the sum of its parts. We take pride in Apheris’ supportive environment and share responsibilities and ownership. We are proactive thinkers, are hungry to learn and stay humble as we grow.
We are backed by top investors and tech industry innovators, including LocalGlobe, MuleSoft founder Ross Mason and Twitter board chairman Patrick Pichette (former CFO of Google) and we work closely with Fortune 500 customers to develop our globally leading enterprise Apheris Platform for federated and privacy preserving data science. We are experiencing rapid growth and are recruiting for ambitious and adventurous team members to help us build a better future for data.
About the role
This role is for great generalists that are motivated to assist in various topics, such as accounting, procurement, marketing, office management, and other day-to-day duties. You are working closely with all functions of the team and ensure that administrative tasks are completed timely and that the business functions efficiently. This role is for you if having a good overview of all processes and being in contact with many people makes you happy. This role requires excellent organizational skills and a strong desire for structure.
What you will do
You should apply if
- Assist with the creation, formatting, and editing of important documents, reports, and presentations
- Independently work on financial management, including handling invoices and reimbursements, making travel arrangements including expenses and accounting
- Preparing our monthly accounting statements and are responsible for a smooth monthly payroll execution
- Assisting with recruitment and onboarding processes
- Managing mail and courier services and maintain electronic and paper records ensuring information and documents are organized, filed correctly, and are easily accessible
- Taking care of multiple inboxes where mails from customers and stakeholders with other inquiries are coming in. You define tasks out of those mails and forward and distribute mails as required to the correct team
- Keeping clean records of our account information
- Taking inventory and ordering office equipment, supplies, and replacements as needed
- Organize team events and schedule appointments, maintaining an events calendar, and sending reminders
Bonus points if
- Fluent in English and German (spoken and written)
- 1,5+ years of practical work experience in an (accounting) assistant role or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to manage internal and external correspondence
- You are a digital native (at heart) and well versed with tools such as MS Office, Google Suite, Trello and Slack. You are able to quickly pick up the use of new tools and can support others in using them efficiently
- Extensive experience in creating documents and spreadsheets using office software such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, strong desire for structure
- High level of flexibility and prioritization of tasks in a daily changing environment with a strong problem-solving hands-on mentality
- You react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround and take effective action without having to know the total picture
- You don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for ways to improve
- Experience with accounting, taxes and dealing with public authorities
- Proof-reading skills for legal documents in English and German
If you do not match 100% of the above requirements, but you think you fit this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. We value the right people and search based on your personality, potential and motivation to learn and grow. Together we can adapt the role in a way that is meant for you!
What we offer you
- Plenty of room to grow personally and professionally and shape your own role
- A fun and diverse team of smart and driven people
- Industry-competitive compensation
- Access to an employee participation program
- Personal budget for conferences, books, trainings and courses
- The right hardware to make you efficient – be it a laptop with Linux, Windows or a MacBook
- Regular team lunches and social events
- Daily fresh fruit, drinks, coffee (and an occasional beer)
- Inspiring office space in the heart of Berlin directly at the river (Paul Lincke Ufer)
- Possibility to work partly remote
- Role is part-time possible
Our interview process is split into two phases:
- First Interview: If your application matches our requirements, our hiring manager will invite you to a video call. In this 60 minutes interview, you will get to know us and the role. Our hiring manager will be interested in your relevant experiences and skills, as well as answer any question on the company and the role itself that you may have. In the process, we might assess your skills and knowledge required for the role by asking you about your solutions for specific scenarios in line with the role we are staffing.
- Final Interview: Finally, we invite you to our office for one or two hours of interviewing, talking about our culture and meeting future co-workers on the ground.