Remote and location-independent between GMT-9 and GMT+2
We’re looking for smart, humble, go-getters to join our team at Makrwatch. Our vision is to create unique career and financial opportunities for hundreds of thousands of content creators around the world, regardless of their location.
Makrwatch’s mission is to evolve influencer marketing to become more transparent, sustainable, and focused on improving people’s lives. We provide a full-service solution to help brands collaborate with YouTube creators to create exciting influencer marketing campaigns.
Account Managers at Makrwatch need to be flexible generalists willing to learn new things and work quickly. Ideal candidates are great team players, always looking to improve themselves and the company, and have highly attuned people skills to allow them to effectively deal with different group dynamics.
From a day-to-day perspective, Account Managers develop strong professional relationships with YouTube content creators and clients, and continuously strive to achieve exceptional campaign results by keeping a sharp focus on performance metrics. Account Managers guide both clients and creators through the entire process of creating sponsored content; from selecting the best creators to work with to negotiating the best deals and ensuring content is creative, engaging, and, ultimately, converts well. This means, deeply understanding the clients’ goals and specific needs and tailoring the approach required to meet these goals.
Effective, clear, and concise communication is essential for this role. The ideal candidate has exceptional interpersonal skills, a high level of empathy, and also be adept at nonverbal communication in order to build strong professional relationships with creators, clients, peers, and the wider team. Account Managers are expert listeners and negotiators and are able to balance the perspectives and interests of clients and creators at the same time in order to get the best results for all stakeholders.
Account Managers are focused on being a source of deep knowledge and trusted consultation for their clients, always seeking to identify areas for improvement and optimization to ensure the best results from campaigns. A strong understanding of financial and marketing concepts is key. In addition to working closely with clients, you will also need to develop strong relationships with content creators, striving to become a source of education and guidance for them as you advise and mentor them on the best practices and ethics of developing mutually beneficial collaborations with brands in a new and growing industry. This role also requires you to work as a team, to enhance the customer service experience, grow the company, and improve the product with client feedback.
You will work as part of a small team and challenge yourself to deliver results quickly, solve issues creatively, identify opportunities for the company’s growth, and leverage data insights to help our clients grow their business in a fast-paced and exciting industry.
Account Managers should be communicative, candid, resourceful, responsible, flexible, adaptable, self-starters, creative problem-solvers, and enthusiastic about taking on big responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have industry experience working in an advertising agency, or in a marketing role with a heavy focus on customer service. The position requires a consultative approach to customer support, strong analytical skills, and the ability to thrive when delivering large volumes of work against tight deadlines.
This is a full-time, 100% remote position. We do not have an office but our clients are mostly based in the USA. We are advertising this position in several countries but your focus would most likely be on our clients based in the US.
Start date: ASAP
- Provide excellent customer service to clients, managing expectations, and consistently striving to exceed client campaign results.
- Develop and foster strong professional relationships with both clients and content creators, operating as the lead point of contact for all matters concerning them.
- Proactively and creatively identify and solve issues with clients or content creators and maintain a high level of comfort in presenting, mediating, and solving client/creator issues.
- Take a leadership role in educating and guiding clients and content creators on industry best practices, strategies, and standards to improve results.
- Ensure campaign requirements and high standards are rigorously followed by all campaign participants.
- Analyze data to identify important trends and insights to optimize client results.
- Communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly goals to internal and external team members, including the ability to incorporate feedback and adjust plans accordingly.
- Effectively carry out creator-related activities, such as discovery, outreach, negotiations, and content reviews, as well as managing payments, legal and contractual agreements.
- Take on tasks as required, following through to completion despite roadblocks or distractions.
- University degree or higher in marketing or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years previous experience in sales and marketing, agency account management, or marketing.
- Exceptional verbal & written communication and presentation skills.
- High level of proficiency with Excel or Google Sheets
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with peers and stakeholders
- High level of emotional intelligence and ability to work with people from all backgrounds and cultures
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to quickly complete a large volume of high-quality work.
- Excellent organization, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks, manage time, and deliver results, even under high-pressure situations.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English. Proficiency level C1 or C2.
- Ability to identify and leverage trends within the influencer marketing industry.
- Client/brand management experience
- Experience in managing and leading a team
- Flexibility to travel if required, and represent Makrwatch at in-person client meetings.
- Experience working remotely.
- Spanish and Portuguese fluency a plus
- Autonomy & Impact - We are a small, 20+ person company which means you’ll have a lot of responsibility from day 1. Your voice will be heard and matter!
- Complete Location Independence - Pick anywhere you want to work from within the GMT-9 and GMT+3 time zones, as long as you have a fast, stable WiFi connection! A good office chair also helps!
- Work Schedule Flexibility - Night owl? Morning Lark? Work whenever you feel most productive! Need to take a midday break for yoga, basketball, or dance class? No problem!
- Remote Office Compensation - Trying to improve your remote life? We’ll give you a budget every month to facilitate it!
- 32 Paid Vacation Days per Year - Decide when you take your vacation and days off, so you can choose to work on your local holidays or take them off!
- Generous Parental Leave - Starting or expanding your family? Congrats! We’ll support you by giving you flexible and generous time off to be with your child.
- Study Time - We know you can’t be an expert on everything to tackle new challenges, so we highly encourage our team to spend a few hours every week studying & learning new skills.
- Yearly Retreat - Once a year, we fly everyone in the team to a new location to meet, plan the company’s strategy for the year, and of course, hang out and have fun together. It’s an exciting opportunity for everyone to get together and get to know each other better.
- Tech Help - We provide different plans to assist you in acquiring all the necessary technology hardware and software you’ll need for your best work!
At Makrwatch we learn from our differences, embrace them, and are grateful for them, as they benefit our employees, our customers, and our products. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.