Percent Pledge is looking for a Backend Senior Software Engineer to join our distributed Engineering team. The ideal candidate has 3-4+ years of experience with backend development and is a Ruby on Rails native. If you’re passionate about growing a mission-driven startup and would like to work in a fast-paced environment remotely from anywhere in the US, then we want you!
About Percent Pledge
Percent Pledge is the first company to make customized giving programs accessible to companies of any size. Giving programs are now table stakes because today's talent cares, but most companies have no way to manage, measure or market their impact -- until now.
We create customized giving programs enabling companies of any size to authentically engage with their workforce and improve employer brand. Our proprietary giving platform and impact reporting empowers employees to seamlessly support their favorite cause(s) -- whatever they might be -- and continuously measure their positive impact.
In less than two years, we have become one of Built In’s 50 Startups to Watch, the “SMB” workplace giving experts, and built a growing customer base ranging from Fortune 100 consulting firms to high-growth startups.
About the Role
In this role, you will help us build the best product and features to provide more companies with customized workplace philanthropy programs. You will be responsible for all aspects of developing our web product including--but not limited to--architecture, implementation, testing, and partnering with stakeholders. Building a great product is a highly collaborative effort, so it’s important you are a team player with strong communication skills.
What Success Looks Like
- You partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders to design a product that meets our customers’ needs
- You partner closely with other engineers to implement end-to-end new features and functionality in the product
- You propose innovative and creative ideas that lead to a product that delights our customers and creates business impact
- You raise the bar on quality, testing, and performance to ensure the product reliably performs for our customers
- You help develop best practices and standards to strengthen our team
- You own outages and failures by participating in on-call with the rest of the team
- You continually improve our codebase and systems to increase team velocity and scale
- You foster an inclusive, supportive, and positive environment that is great to work in
What Sets You Up For Success
- 5+ years of experience developing business web applications
- 2+ years of experience in lead/senior role for Ruby on Rails projects
- Self-starter who wants to own your projects while working collaboratively with a small, distributed team
- Direct experience building and managing successful deployments for external stakeholders (e.g., single sign-on, SAML, third-party integrations)
- Strong proficiency in Ruby on Rails
- Strong proficiency in backend data architecture
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal
- Proficiency with project management and cloud-based tools (e.g., Asana, Slack, Google Workspace, GitHub)
- Proficiency in SQL (used for reporting to internal and external stakeholders)
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
- Comfort collaborating with a distributed team
- Comfort working with applications and scaling systems
- Interest in serving in a mentoring capacity for jr. engineers, in particular offering clear and actionable feedback in PR reviews
- Leadership and growth opportunities; getting in on the ground floor of a growing company
- Mentorship opportunities; helping junior engineers become seniors
- Competitive full-time salary
- Competitive benefits package
- Equity options
- Cover Letter (150 words max) that is NOT a template with "Percent Pledge" inputted