Who we are
simplabs is a digital product consultancy that designs and develops web applications. We realize projects with clients across the globe and teach them how along the way. Our team of experts delivers everything from ideation to design and engineering. We help clients build sustainable products that can excel their businesses over time and help them establish and improve internal expertise and experience so they can continue their journeys without us once we leave.
Who we are looking for
Having our roots in the open-source community and engineering, we have recently started to establish design as a second pillar of our offerings and our business. We are looking for an experienced Digital Product Designer who can lead design projects to success working closely with engineers and clients. Eventually they will work with their own team as the design part of the business continues to grow.
We are looking for someone who covers the entire design process from exploration and strategy to designing compelling user interfaces and collaborating effectively with a project team. You should have experience running ideation and design workshops and be familiar with the respective practices and techniques. Just like our engineering consultants share their expertise via blog posts and conference talks, we expect our design lead to share theirs in a similar fashion and contribute to further establish our reputation in the field.
What will you do?
- Craft elegant and usability-focussed user interfaces for digital products and features
- Collaborate with clients and stakeholders to fully understand customer needs and business value
- Create user flows, wireframes and other design assets
- Coordinate and run usability tests, discovery sessions, contextual analyses plus any other relevant research required to better understand the problems that our clients are faced with, identifying ways to uncover opportunities.
- Ideate quickly and effectively with the team, favoring communication, and collaboration
- Articulate design decisions based on technical constraints and opportunities through a basic understanding of web technologies
- Create and contribute to project Design Systems
- Continuously optimize the design process in project teams and across the company
- Test and optimize low–high fidelity prototypes with key stakeholders and customers to iteratively validate that we are solving the right problems
- Work closely with engineers in a project team to bring designs to live
- Collaborate with our Business Development and Engineering leads on preparing proposals for potential clients.
Who you are
- an experienced designer with a history of successful contributions to projects – if you have experience building web-based apps, that's a plus
- a strong communicator who works closely with others in cross-functional teams and runs effective exploration and design workshops – if you have experience working with clients in a consulting/freelance situation, that's a plus
- someone who is passionate about design and sharing their expertise and experience – if you have spoken at conferences or other events before, that's a plus
- a fluent english speaker – we have an international team and work with clients around the world
- someone who is fine with traveling occasionally to visit clients on-site for limited amounts of time or attending company or other events – this will not be in excess of a few days every 2 months
What we offer
- a chance to establish, form and lead a new branch of our business, eventually with your own team
- competitive salary
- 30 days of paid vacation
- a flextime schedule to accommodate the needs of caretakers
- 20% of your time reserved for non-client work, mostly of your own choice
- chance and support to attend and speak at international conferences
- a flat organization with little process standing in your way
- regular company events to meet your team members (as the pandemic allows)
- an international, communicative and supportive team
- coworkers & engineers who value design as a crucial part of any successful project
- flexible work environment (fully remote within Europe – choose between a paid office space that suits you or working from home)
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a wider outlook of our team that not only improves our working atmosphere but also increases our productivity as a company. We are committed to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.