At ShopPad Inc.
we build forward-thinking software that helps e-commerce stores grow their business. From nationally recognized brands to rapidly growing e-commerce startups, and all kinds of cool companies in between, our products are trusted by over 90,000 stores across the globe and seen by millions of online shoppers every day. We're a team of friendly hackers, designers, and high-empathy support folks who are passionate about the work we do. Our culture prioritizes respect, craftsmanship, diversity, creativity and emphasizes serving our customers with excellence.
Our newest product, Mesa
, is a fast-growing app that allows online merchants to automate their e-commerce store. Mesa is our biggest and boldest undertaking yet, and that’s where you come in...About You
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join our growing team of 30+. As the first Customer Success Manager for Mesa, you’ll be able to influence the structure, processes, and tooling that will become our account management blueprint. Success in this role means you’ve made a mark and accelerated your career.
You will be responsible for working with promising customers and leads to create solutions for technical and non-technical situations of varying complexity. You will build ongoing relationships with our best customers and suggest new ways to help them grow their business with our software. At its core, the Customer Success Manager role is that of a partner and problem-solver focused solely on producing higher activation rates, increased customer satisfaction, and lasting customer retention.
The right candidate will be tech-savvy, a quick study, and excited to learn new technical concepts in order to explain and implement them for customers. Our perfect team member is self-directed, a talented communicator, creative, and relentless in their desire to help our customers be successful.
This is a remote position, but you are welcome to work from our HQ in Oakland, California if you prefer.
You’ll Get To
- Reach out to new signups and help them discover our product
- Conduct onboarding sessions with new customers using video and/or voice calls to demonstrate platform capability, answer questions, and begin building a strong relationship
- Create a consultative relationship with customers to understand their business operations and be able to make proactive recommendations
- Hold quarterly calls with customers to discuss their experience, needs, concerns, and feedback
- Find creative ways to "wow!" your customers
- Achieve measurable results by hitting customer activation and retention targets
- Investigate the circumstances when an assigned customer churns to obtain intelligence behind the cancellation to provide feedback to the team
- 2+ years experience as a Customer Success Manager, or a background of sales and customer support
- A strong communicator (both written and verbal) who's can explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- A friendly and enthusiastic self-starter who thrives in a results-driven environment
- Able to manage multiple relationships and well-organized to handle several responsibilities at a time
- Comfortable pursuing new signups over email and phone in order to help busy individuals get activated
- Available during our core hours (M-F, 9am-3pm Pacific time)
- Technically savvy and a quick learner. Be sure to let us know if you have a background with Shopify, workflow automation, or e-commerce
- Good with people and professional. As this role’s responsibilities include video conferencing with customers, a professional and presentable workspace is imperative
- Competitive Salary: Your compensation is the same no matter where you live
- Wellness: Medical (Anthem, employees in California also have Kaiser HMO as an option), Dental (Guardian) & Vision (CoPower) + 72 hours of paid sick time each year
- Paid Time Off: Three weeks of vacation (increasing to four after your 4-year anniversary) + fourteen company holidays + your birthday
- 401k: We match 100% of your contribution up to 2% of salary
- Remote Work: Work from home, our Oakland, CA headquarters, or on a hut on the beach somewhere
- Sabbatical: Once you’ve been at ShopPad for 5 years you get a fully paid month off in addition to regular vacation
- Home Office: $1,000 to make your home office awesome & $65 a month for your home internet
- Parental Leave: 4 weeks of paid leave for all new parents (including adoption)
- Fun: Every month we host company-wide events like trivia, cooking classes, game nights, virtual escape rooms, wine tastings, movies, and more
- Giving Back: Your charitable donations will be matched up to $500 each year because we want to support the organizations that are important to you
- Equipment: We’ll provide ShopPad swag, a new MacBook Pro, and all of the basics to get you started
- Team Trips: Week-long, all-expenses-paid retreats to work and play in person