Are you passionate about building online communities of enthusiastic fans? Are you excited by the opportunity to build a beloved B2B brand? Do you want to have a significant impact at a high-growth startup?
At OpenPhone, building simple and delightful experiences is not only our competitive advantage but a value we hold dear. This philosophy applies to everything we do; from the way we work to the look and feel of our product, from the infrastructure it’s running on to our content, customer interactions, and everything else.
As our first Social & Community Media Manager, you'll help us tell the OpenPhone story, amplify our brand voice, and build an engaged community. This is an exciting opportunity to help define our social media game plan from the ground up and have a huge influence on our go-to-market and brand strategies.
Here are some things you'll be doing:
- Take over day-to-day operations of OpenPhone's social media and community profiles
- Build and execute a strategy for growing OpenPhone's presence on social media to grow our brand and engage customers
- Create native content for social media channels and manage a content calendar across all platforms
- Develop systems for other teams for other teams at OpenPhone to utilize and benefit from social media
- Be the "voice of the community" within OpenPhone and advocate for our customers
- Develop and track measures of success for social media
- Experiment with new platforms and tools as necessary and advise on adoption
- Contribute to other areas of the marketing team as needed
- 2+ years of experience managing social media across a variety of platforms (we're currently active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Reddit, and YouTube)
- Passionate about social media and community and excited to engage with customers via existing and new channels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create engaging written and visual content
- Experience in working with common social media management tools (come ready with opinions about your favorite!)
- A solid understanding of social media analytics and how to measure the success of organic social campaigns
- Experience working remotely, with excellent time management skills and the ability to work autonomously
- An experimental mindset, a desire to learn, and a willingness to try new things
- Bonus: Video editing skills
There's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don't 100% match the exact candidate description.About OpenPhone
is a new type of business phone. Our mission is to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and the best venture firms including Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, Kindred Ventures, and others. We're serving thousands of businesses around the world and growing quickly. We take a lot of pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love. Our customers rated us #1 on all possible categories on G2 Crowd
We're a distributed team working from San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, Moscow, Manila, Phoenix, and Sydney.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.