At Syncro, we are a highly creative and collaborative team crafting software applications to help small businesses be successful. Our software provides a platform for IT Professionals and Managed Service Providers to do job tracking and ticketing, SLA Management, invoicing, and integrations with tons of online tools. We are a different kind of startup — we know that making the lives of our customers easier and more fun is the way to build great long-term relationships while having fun creating and inventing along the way. We value people, creativity, trust, and diversity which inspires success and happiness in the lives of our employees and customers.
Syncro is a people-first company with both the internal team and clients. Externally, our software is built with an extreme level of interactivity with the user community. Internally, team development is prioritized through cross-training, career growth, internal promotions, and prioritization of team member’s growth over all else.
The Opportunity : We are looking for a .NET developer who is interested in helping to evolve and modernize our Windows-based desktop applications. Familiarity and desire to work with ASP.NET Core is also helpful since future work may include .NET-based web services.. Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working remotely, you will be part of a small, close-knit team that is passionate about the .NET ecosystem, and you will often coordinate with the teams that are responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
The more of the following questions you can answer with Yes, the higher the likelihood that you could be a great fit with our team:
- Are you a hands-on learner and love figuring out new software?
- Are you hungry enough to continue to grow?
- Do you enjoy working on a product that makes other people more efficient and happy?
- Are you ambitious and yet compassionate?
- React, React Native
- Ruby on Rails, .Net, Phoenix/Elixr
- PostgreSQL Database
- Heroku, Kubernates
- AWS, GCP
- We move ship daily and use Scrum. Our team of engineers with have a global, remote presence in diverse locations - US, Canada, Eastern Europe and Asia
What You'll Be Doing:
- Build stable, resilient features that run indefinitely in background Windows Services
- Leverage native APIs when desired functionality is not achievable in .NET
- Assist in migrating applications from .NET Framework to .NET 5 (and beyond)
- Maintain and update React front-end for backgrounding tools
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks
- Write testable, maintainable code
- Refactor legacy code to improve testability and robustness
- Write automated tests using NUnit and Moq
Who You Are:
- You have built Windows application that call into low-level system APIs
- Are familiar with writing code that needs to run perpetually with no downtime or memory leaks
- Are comfortable in .NET Framework and .NET Core (or .NET 5)
- Have experience with websockets and other real-time communication protocols
- Keep informed about the latest advancements and patterns in the C# language
- Extensive experience creating high quality software in a team environment
- Comfortable working in an Agile software development environment
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to work cross functionally
- Passion for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Detail-oriented, professional and positive work attitude
- Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
- Experience leading many projects from start to finish
- You are located in one of the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, KY, IL, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, UT, VA, WA or Canada
Technical and Skills Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of .NET experience
- Firm grasp of the recent C# language versions (7+)
- Knowledge of functional or object-oriented programming
- Ability to write well-documented, testable code
- Familiarity with unit testing frameworks like NUnit, xUnit, or MSTest
- Experience with using an automated build pipeline
- Understanding of REST APIs and how to interact with them from a .NET client
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- ASP.NET Core Web API and WPF experience is a plus
What you can expect of us:
- We are the PIONEERS of “work from home” - remote work is all we have ever done and we do it well! Our team members are all over the globe working from home and striking an awesome balance in their lives!
- Equality and Inclusion aren’t just posters on the wall, but deeply ingrained in how we think, behave, and interact with each other.
- Looking to grow? We have designed career paths to help our team members understand where they are growing and how to get there.
- We are focused on personal and professional growth and we’ll keep you challenged, learning, passionate, and growing
- Care for one another is a big part of Syncro-Life. We’ll give you opportunities to nurture your curiosity and give back to one another and your communities.
- Our Healthcare insurance is amazing! Our deductibles and out of pocket costs are extremely low, so you can spend less on superior coverage for you AND your family.
- Save for your future with our modern and hassle-free 401(k) program
Syncro is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all employees can thrive and do their best work, free from discrimination and harassment.