We are Pixellu, a software company on a mission to simplify professional photographers’ lives. We are seeking a world-class Partner Marketing Specialist to lead our affiliate and partner relations efforts. You’ll be working directly with the CEO, the Head of Marketing, and our Growth Manager to develop a strategy that elevates key industry partnerships, promotes referral traffic, and grows our affiliate program.
This is not a “sit in the office and plan” role. This is a role where you will be coordinating a co-branded campaign one day, and in the trenches organizing our partner contacts the next. Expect to roll up your sleeves and be in the weeds, doing the work.
🚀 ABOUT PIXELLU
At Pixellu, we know professional photographers are frustrated with all of the tedious work required to run a successful photography business. Many get so overwhelmed, they end up quitting on their dream of having a photography career. That is why we create easy-to-use, time-saving software that simplifies photographers’ lives, so that they can spend less time in front of the computer and get back to doing what they love.
Pixellu was co-founded in 2010 by two wedding photographers. Faced with the challenges of long hours and endless tasks, we began asking ourselves, “How can we save valuable time, make more money, and get our lives back?” Our answer was technology. We started Pixellu with the idea that we could make money by providing an honest service that helped photographers save time and live more fulfilling lives. We believed that, by focusing on a great product and great service, we could build a business that not only does good, but also does well.
Today, we are a team of 35 team members spread across 12 countries, serving tens of thousands of photographers in over 100 countries.
😎 YOUR ROLE
As the lead on developing relationships with companies in the photography industry that can help further our mission, you will be a resident expert in the space and have a knack for driving referral traffic. You have the ability to connect with people in a way that has allowed you to succeed in previous sales roles, and you know how to spot those that would benefit from partnering with Pixellu in multiple capacities. You will be primarily responsible for supporting the affiliate strategy and relationship development of partnerships. Additional responsibilities include driving new user acquisition, accumulating backlinks, and elevating key initiatives through co-branded marketing campaigns.
Your job will be to:
- Research: Continuously find & vet opportunities for partnership including but not limited to conferences, webinars, sponsorship, social media partnerships, and affiliate networks.
- Plan: Work cross-functionally to ideate and develop partnership marketing campaigns, sales support, and affiliate resources.
- Strategize: Use data to make decisions & projections regarding discount usage, virality, ROI.
- Promote: Enable public relations through coordination of interviews, tutorials, and content collaboration.
- Recruit: Continue source businesses that would make great ambassadors for our brand and further our affiliate sales.
- Support: Provide knowledge and insights to the broader marketing & product teams.
Aside from the standard job description, here is what we most value in a candidate:
- 3+ years of experience in affiliate marketing, sales, or partner-driven role
- Excellent people & communication skills
- Understanding of PR, referral backlinks, and SEO
- Data-driven decision making
- Knowledge of the photography industry is a plus
- Work from anywhere! Our team is 100% remote and distributed all over the world from Seattle to Auckland, Sao Paulo to St. Petersburg
- Flex-time; aside from "required online hours" of 8-11am Pacific Time, work hours are fully flexible to allow you to structure your work around when you’re most productive or around the moments that matter to you most
- Competitive salary based on experience level and your local cost of living considerations
- Quarterly profit-sharing bonuses based on seniority and role
- Paid parental leave
- 20 annual days off, with the ability to make up missed days on weekends