As our product and customer base grow, our offering of privacy-enhancing technologies is expanding on all fronts, from R&D on algorithms to the legal side of privacy. We are looking for a privacy researcher that will bring our privacy team to the next level and will strengthen its capabilities and reach.
As a privacy researcher at Statice you will work on the core components of our technology. You will help to keep our product at the cutting edge, sifting the latest research on privacy for concrete and practical ways to improve our product. You will develop new features and contribute directly to our software, running experiments and tests to validate you ideas and their implementation. You will communicate and interact with the entire team and contribute to our privacy-first culture. Finally, you will provide expert insights and consulting to our clients in matters of privacy and anonymization.
Our ideal candidate has expert knowledge of the field and is able to navigate its complexity quickly and effectively. Your expertise also gives you the ability to explain and communicate complex topics in a clear and easy-to-understand way. You are curious and open to new ideas, but you are practical-minded enough to be efficient. Privacy is a serious business, and attention to detail, sense of responsibility, and solid research methodology are a must-have.
If you would like to do research work on an interesting and impactful field at the live intersection between technology and society, this job will make you very happy. We're flexible, fun, pretty decent at online quizzes, and we strive to keep a healthy work-life balance.
- Research, test, develop, and deploy privacy-preserving algorithms and privacy attacks.
- Keep up with the latest research on privacy-enhancing techniques and their applications in machine learning and synthetic data. You are welcome to publish, participate to conferences, and interact with the research community.
- Provide expert insights and help to our customers on the topics of data privacy and data anonymization.
Nice to have
- Proven research track record in privacy-preserving technologies, security, and/or cryptography.
- Knowledge of anonymization technologies and differential privacy or related privacy mechanisms.
- Solid background in mathematical and statistical analysis.
- Experience implementing algorithms in common scientific programming languages (e.g. Python, R, etc.).
- Experience with Machine Learning.
- Experience in data protection practices (interfacing with data protection authorities, preparing and or examining data privacy impact assessments, etc.).
- Experience with Python and its open-source data science ecosystem (numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.).
Note: The profile described here is an ideal profile. If you believe that you lack some of the skills, but that you are willing and able to pick them up, please do apply!
You will join an international and dedicated 15-person team in a growing startup, with plenty of opportunities for impact and personal growth. We are a diverse team of curious and open-minded people, working from Germany and elsewhere in Europe. We enjoy working together and value respect, honesty, and openness. Our product, privacy research, engineering, and commercial teams work closely together and value the quality of our collaboration. Our employees benefit from:
- Fair and competitive compensation
- Flexible work schedule
- Self-service learning budget
- Support with relocation & visa application
- 30 days paid holidays
- Work-from-home flexible policy
- Remote-friendly from EU-compatible time zones or work from our beautiful Berlin-Schöneberg HQ
- German language lessons
We are actively hiring despite the pandemic, and we have adapted our processes accordingly. Our team is working in a remote-first fashion since March 2020, and all interviews will be conducted remotely by default.
Statice is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, genetics, disability, nor age.