FreeWill is an award-winning, social-good startup that has raised more than $3 billion for high impact nonprofits since we were founded in 2017. We’ve been featured in the New York Times, Forbes, Oprah’s magazine, and have even been named to Town & Country’s “Top 50 Philanthropists” list.
All of this is because we’ve figured out how to make some powerful (but complicated!) ways to donate much easier and more accessible. Our products make things easier for the donors who want to change the world and for nonprofits doing heroic work around the planet.
In the last 4 years, we’ve grown from 5 people to 95+ (all smart, tenacious, and kind), and continue to grow quickly. We’d love to have you be a part of this adventure.
About the Role
FreeWill is seeking a Data Analyst to help develop our data strategy and deliver insights across our nonprofit customer success, marketing, operations, and product-engineering teams. This is a full-time position in a company with an office in NYC -- although you are free to work however remote you desire.
The role will work closely with the Business Intelligence Manager and will play an integral role in continuing to establish FreeWill’s thought leadership in the nonprofit space, mining the biggest bequest database in existence to help all nonprofits fundraise more effectively, and understanding what makes people most likely to create estate plans and donate.
Primary responsibility? To meaningfully analyze and transform data into findings that can improve the value of the business.
How? This role will involve executing analyses while keeping an eye to the north star of impactful strategy. This will include, but not be limited to:
- Collaborating closely with multiple departments, in order to foster a data-driven, test-and-learn culture with your passion for telling stories with data
- Surfacing user and nonprofit insights, and present those insights to a variety of levels within the organization to influence change
- Helping optimize Looker, our user and nonprofit data portal by thinking through design, definitions, maintenance, automation, and reporting
- Working closely with our customer success team to understand donor behavior on FreeWill, and surface insights to help improve our nonprofit clients’ success with fundraising through our products
- Engaging with Growth & Marketing by taking point on analyzing data for reports compiled by FreeWill to guide thought leadership in the non-profit giving space
- Assisting Operations & Product-Engineering on analyses related to data efficiencies of the business & product performance
- Influencing the scope, detail, and frequency of data that is collected for enhancements and new products from a business perspective
- Becoming an expert in the FreeWill product and the broader nonprofit planned giving landscape
- Acting with FreeWill’s values of focus, joy, kindness, and courage
Why? All with the intention of generating ideas about internal + external operational improvement -- and creating meaningful analyses to support said strategic initiatives.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 1+ years of experience in strategic consulting, investment banking, or relevant role
- Experience with database structures (e.g., SQL) and spreadsheet tools
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening, and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic
- Desire to problem solve and capacity to dig into data analytically and thoughtfully
- Knack for turning abstract notions into concrete actions... and executing on them!
- Strong business acumen with an eye for finding trends and connecting to a bigger picture
- Comfort moving quickly in a fast paced environment
In addition to our aim to help raise $1T for high impact nonprofits and a kind and joyful work environment, full time employees at FreeWill are eligible for the following benefits:
- Work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Professional development: We’ll cover up to $1,000 annually in expenses related to trainings, books, online resources, or conferences that will make you better at your job (i.e a Salesforce conference) or improve the FreeWill community (i.e. books on anti-racism).
- $250 monthly co-working budget which can be used for local co-working spaces (for team members located outside of the NYC metro only).
- $300 annual budget to outfit your home office or cover utility bills
- Staff holidays and FreeDays (periodic one day office closures to rest and refresh)
- Company stock options
- Medical/Dental/Vision (some single coverage medical plans are 100% employer paid, subsidized rates for spousal, parent-child, and family coverage)
- Free One Medical membership
- Paid parental leave
- Fully paid trips, such as an annual work retreat in a relaxing location
FreeWill is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We are committed to finding talent that is not determined on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are a remote-first company that’s able to hire in 47 states and D.C. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire in Colorado, Alabama, or Louisiana at this time. We also can’t sponsor working visas, so all applicants will need to have work authorization in the US.
Excited about our mission? Success in serving nonprofit partners requires our dedication to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We can’t wait to learn with and from you.