Place Inc, a leading nation-wide real estate company using technology to disrupt the industry, is looking for a mid-level operations engineer. We're looking for people with the following qualities:
• the grit to get things done
• great communication skills
• patient and happy to mentor others
• willing to take the time to achieve clarity and simplicity
We offer all the standard benefits you'll find at most companies, 401k, health plans, macbook pro, etc. We have unlimited PTO.
• Configuring and deploying open-source solutions to our Kubernetes clusters.
• Being on call to investigate and determine application errors and contacting the right people needed to solve the issues.
• Writing creative shell scripts to automate our process
• Monitor and manage the health and security of our databases
• Assist developers in configuring their project pipelines for deployment
• Instrumenting applications for monitoring
• Teaching and assisting team members to use our systems and workflows as well as managing their access
• Linux administration
• Experience with Mysql, Postgresql
• Experience instrumenting services in variety of languages
• Strong shell scripting skills
• Experience writing Dockerfiles
• Experience with Nginx, Apache
• A strong understanding of what Cloud Native means, how to architect 12-factor apps, and how to advocate for development that scales along with understanding the business trade offs