We are looking for a DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) to building out capabilities for optimised hosting and supporting our global compute platform.
Location: EMEA - Anywhere remote in United Kingdom, Germany, Bulgaria, Denmark, Romania, or Spain
What you'll get to do...
- Administration and support for our internal hypervisor infrastructure
- Administration of host-systems including problem analysis, isolation and debugging
- Internal tools development, specifically Python
- Automation and configuration management
- Development of standard procedures for system operation
- Capacity management
- Development and implementation of security measures
- Evaluation of new system software and general software updates
- Development and implementation of optimisation measures and processes
Your experience should include...
- Multiple years of experience in a Development Operations (DevOps) role
- Planning, building, and administrating of Linux server systems (CentOS) running in-house
- You are experienced with scripting in Bash and programming in Python
- Solution-oriented thinking and acting
- Highly competent team player with strong communication skills
- Experienced with virtualisation solutions (Virtuozzo, KVM)
- Participation in our on-call rotation
You might also have...
- Expertise in configuration management systems, such as Puppet
- Experiences with CI/CD pipelines, such as Jenkins or GitHub Actions
- Knowledge in monitoring and observability techniques
We've got your back...
- A permanent employment contract
- An on-call rotation with the best possible consideration of personal wishes
- A secure job in a rapidly growing, international company with a motivating, positive and modern atmosphere
- Varied and interesting challenges
- Great opportunity for advancement within the company across a variety of roles
- Flat hierarchies and direct communication
- Regular (virtual) events
- Casual dress code
The health and safety of our employees is very important to GoDaddy, which is why we take a #humanfirst approach and are currently working from home due to COVID-19.
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About us
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]