We are seeking an experienced, highly talented, creative and analytical entrepreneurial problem solver to join our team as Social Media Marketing Manager.
Prima is the science-led, purpose-driven holistic wellness brand elevating hemp-based CBD and functionally innovative botanicals. Its core mission is to rise up against the modern day stress epidemic through education and products made with the highest standards of purity, potency and transparency. Prima is built on the essential principle that balance is a critical part of health, healing, and happiness — and that we all deserve better. Prima is a privately held Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and Certified B Corp based in Santa Monica, California.
We’re looking for someone who approaches social media and content creation with a sense of passion and unbridaled commitment. The kind of passion that represents an uncompromising excitement to doing things in a remarkably bold and caring way. You are also a highly strategic, detailed, imaginative, and conceptual thinker with a love of storytelling, relationships, data, and project execution - all to push the creative boundaries of Prima without sacrificing business objectives and company growth. While you continually think at a high level about social media strategy, you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves at every level to guard and nurture Prima’s reputation and engage with their audience. You approach content and relationship building from a place of creativity, positivity, and excitement to help create and maintain a bold and memorable brand identity.
Your work history should include strong expertise in social media strategy across multiple platforms, creative content creation, data and analytics, influencer relationships and community management. The position will place an ambitious leader at the forefront of a new and emerging category.
As the Social Marketing Manager, you will report to the Director of e-Commerce & Digital Marketing and work closely with the executive and creative team to plan, create, design and deliver bold, best-in-class, effective social content strategies to expand the Prima brand, encourage discovery and engagement, drive traffic and convert sales.
Prima’s workforce is fully distributed, this role will be remote with opportunities for in person team building, strategic planning, connections and collaboration in Los Angeles. You are a proactive, highly collaborative, hands-on self-starter comfortable managing your schedule and time in a remote environment, with clear and excellent communication skills. The role will require reliable internet connection and strong familiarity with digital platforms like Google suite, Slack and Asana.
● Develop and execute an effective social media strategy across all channels to grow brand awareness and build a strong social community
● Act as the primary point of contact for all social media accounts: Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Linkedin, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat and YouTube
● Execute community management, monitor and moderate day-to-day (with support from Customer Experience) through timely outreach in the Prima brand voice, and taking action as needed
● Create and amplify a consistent brand image and voice across all social media channels
● Create visual content as needed ie. reels, photos and videos. Collaborate with the creative team and your direct report on creative strategies and implementation.
● Plan and maintain a weekly and monthly posting schedule (via Later.com) for all social media channels and develop a clear and scalable process for review of strategy, copy, and creative with Founders.
● Write copy for social media accounts in our brand voice and work closely with the Design team on visual content that is fresh, bold and consistent
● Provide monthly social media performance reports focused on data and learnings from Sprout Social and native channel reporting, insights and analysis to inform growth and increase engagement strategies, including a competitive landscape assessment and innovative creative ideas
● Work closely with the Director of E-commerce to create brand campaigns for social that support strategic marketing initiatives and create a 360 degree content experience connected to email as well
● Work closely with the Chief Education Officer to create supportive content to support educational strategy and strategic content initiatives
● Develop editorial calendar for social channels for timeliness and relevant engaging topics and contribute to the monthly editorial calendar to integrate content, news and happenings from other departments
● Build and manage influencer relationships that align with brand values and strategic goals
● Work closely with strategic brand partnerships to diversify content and bring value.
● Guide and support influencers in creating meaningful content that converts into sales and supports key brand initiatives
● Source compelling and unique visual content and oversee permissions and usage for Prima’s social channel
● Drive strategic partnerships with like-minded brands for promotions, giveaways, magazine interviews and content collaboration
● Work with the Chief Education Officer and Director of E-Commerce to plan and execute influencer and Ambassador partnerships to spread awareness, increase engagement, and develop brand community
● Lead and manage logistics on coordinating posts with influencers, developing influencer shipments, and overseeing tracking and experience of shipping and products
● Create monthly data-driven reports on influencer content
● Create monthly social calendar of relevant events and initiatives and build strategies and opportunities for collaborations and partnerships when possible
● Maintain industry best practices and understand new social offerings by attending conferences and thought leadership events
● Liaise with press team to highlight and feature placements from media
● Create relationships with social media platforms’ internal contacts
● Track the latest trends and innovation in social media and integrate them into the plan
● Bachelor’s Degree
● 3-5 years experience managing social media for a leading consumer brand with direct impact on social strategy and growth
● Desire for growth, project ownership, and fast-paced and high-growth company environment
● Experience creating, managing and scaling content and audiences on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok and Snapchat among others
● Experience with social reporting and scheduling apps Sprout Social and Later.com
● Strong content strategy skills, point of view and platform insights
● A motivational leadership style and ability to lead change in a dynamic environment
● Understanding of key social media metrics and KPIs
● Knowledge of best practices for outreach, comments, give-aways, promotions and overall content mix on social
● Strong project management skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
● Design skills for basic asset development
● Strong photography and videography skills (preferred) or ability to direct photo and video shoots and work in studio to create assets
● Clear and demonstrated understanding of how to market skincare and wellness products via social through compelling original content
● Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to cross-functionally collaborate across multiple departments, showing proven ability to manage ideation, development, production, and process across multiple stakeholder groups
● Accept and embrace social media’s 24/7 “always on” nature, post, respond and take action outside of office hours where needed
Prima is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prima provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. We have the privilege to shape this legal cannabis and hemp industry into a professional and inclusive community, and encourage members of underrepresented groups and those formerly incarcerated to apply.