At Just we build financial products. Our customers are businesses around the world that deal in global trade of goods and services. Our financial tools help the finance teams at these businesses make better financial decisions, manage financial risk and access capital markets with more visibility and price transparency. We’re helping both medium and large businesses become more efficient, save money, and level the playing field with their banks and financial providers that have discriminated against them for decades. We’d like your help changing the status quo.
We launched our first product
late in 2019, and we are now serving top global brands in Europe and beyond. We are still tiny relative to the opportunity we are pursuing, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead of us.
As a key team member, we’ll empower you to make an impact. Your code will ship. Your ideas will be heard. Your work will help businesses around the world make better decisions.
We have our roots in Norway, but we understand that talent is everywhere, and comes in every shape and form. We believe that the future of work is distributed. Going forward, our HQ will be on the internet, but we’ll offer all team members flexible work solutions whether you want to work from your home or an office hub.
We have a stellar product development team, and are looking for an experienced front-end developer to join us so that we can quickly build and launch top-notch user experiences for our customers.
🎁 We offer
- Join a FinTech startup at the sweet spot—early enough that you can still help shape the company, but established enough to offer good job stability and growth prospects.
- Remote-first working—we’ll buy you some decent home office equipment, or help you find a co-working location that suits your needs. 🖥️💺
- Regular opportunities to meet with the whole company somewhere fun. 🏖️
- A competitive salary, wherever you are.
- A stock option plan.
👷🏾♀️ What you’ll be doing
- Developing frontend features for our ever-growing product suite. While you'll primarily be responsible for the React web-clients and GraphQL server, you could expect to get involved with other backend services and work with server-rendered HTML systems as well.
- Collaborating closely with other engineers to design systems from both macro and micro perspectives. You'll help to specify gRPC APIs and GraphQL schemas, define service boundaries and responsibilities, and help with rolling out changes to our cloud architecture.
- Expanding our front-end testing capabilities. We have good automated test coverage of our backend services, and front-end unit tests, but we’d like to start running UI tests with Cypress or similar.
- Constantly deepening your understanding of our business domain and archetypical customers so that you're better equipped to deliver customer value with your teammates.
✅ Your profile
- You have extensive experience developing complex web applications with React, Redux and TypeScript, or similar frontend frameworks.
- You have worked with server-side and client-side GraphQL technologies.
- You are good at programming CSS and have used one or more CSS preprocessors.
- You have an eye for detail and can build things that don't just work, but look and feel great too.
- You practice modern software development techniques such as unit testing, continuous integration & distributed version control.
- You're seated ±2 hours of the CET timezone.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills (English).
👍🏾 Also good if
- You have a keen interest in data visualization and/or financial markets.
- You have backend development experience, especially with Go and databases in the SQL family.
- You've worked with Web Components, using StencilJS or similar.
- You have publicly available projects and code that we can take a look at.
- You have experience working at early-stage startups or fast-growth companies.
💾 Technologies we use
- Frontend: TypeScript, React, StencilJS, Redux, TypeScript, Stylus, GraphQL
- Backend: Go, Java 11, gRPC, RabbitMQ, Open Policy Agent, PostgreSQL
- Platform: Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Hashicorp Vault
- Tooling: Your choice of new laptop, GitLab, Bazel
Send us your CV at [email protected]
, and feel free to drop links to a project you're built previously if you'd like to. Please, direct applicants only; we're not open to outsourcing firms or recruiters at this time.
Just is committed to creating an inclusive employment environment, and does not discriminate on race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, nationality or any other non-merit factor.