As a WordPress Technical Content Writer, you're responsible for producing and optimizing high-quality WordPress tutorials to grow and convert our organic traffic on the WP Mail SMTP blog.
💡 Interested in applying?
🔍 Please read/follow the next steps outlined in "How to Apply" at the bottom of this listing.
Attention to detail is one of our core values! This is your chance to stand out :)
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You have the ability to research and understand technical concepts, then explain them in simple terms to people who aren’t tech-savvy.
- You’re comfortable with accepting critical feedback without taking it personally.
- You’re a self-starter who loves taking initiative to solve problems and learn new skills, and are comfortable working with minimal direction.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You're results-oriented and focused on the outcome of your writing, not just the words themselves.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- You enjoy helping others on your team succeed.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Writing technical blog posts that are accessible, engaging, error-free, and follow our style guide.
- Self-editing and proofreading to make sure your content is easy for a beginner to follow.
- Turning information about features or tools into real-world examples and use cases.
- Using the SEO keywords provided to plan, structure, and optimize your content.
- Making requested edits to your work without expressing frustration or irritation with the editorial process.
- Managing your own schedule in Asana and keeping ahead with minimal oversight.
- Advanced WordPress.org Experience: You’re comfortable with setting up new self-hosted WordPress sites, installing and configuring themes and plugins, troubleshooting errors, working with domains/hosting and configuring DNS, etc.
- Technical Writing: You write technical content in a friendly and conversational tone. You confidently give a reader an accurate solution to their problem without using jargon or technical language.
- Copywriting: Your technical articles get conversions, not just traffic. You understand how to blend marketing and technical styles. You make recommendations that are compelling and inspire the reader to follow your advice.
- SEO: You optimize technical content to rank well without keyword stuffing. You meet search intent by ensuring that your content is focused and complete. You have optimized and high-ranking technical content in your portfolio.
- Self-Editing: You can edit and proofread your own work to eliminate grammar and spelling errors instead of relying on an editor to fix them for you.
- Image Editing: You can efficiently take screenshots; resize and crop images; add text, borders, or other elements; compress images; and upload and format them in WordPress so that they are clear, useful, and look good.
- Basic HTML: You can use the text editor in WordPress to add link attributes and do basic formatting of lists, subheadings, anchor links, etc. with HTML.
- Time Management: You’re able to juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize your work effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Previous freelance or remote work experience.
- Personal Computer with Internet Access.
- Availability to participate in audio/video meetings between the hours 9 am - 5 pm EST.
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Health Insurance benefits for all employees in India.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Custom Branded laptop at your five-year anniversary.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
Want to find out even more about Awesome Motive? Be sure to take a look at our About
pages for details on how Awesome Motive has continued to evolve in order to best help small businesses grow and compete with the big guys, and how we strive to give back.
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am - 5pm ET (UTC -5). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- How you found out about this position.
- 3 specific links to your most relevant portfolio pieces. (Submitted samples must be in English.)
- What piece of content that you've created has gotten the BEST results? What were those results?
- An overview of your experience with self-hosted WordPress.org software (not WordPress.com) and our products.
Also note, don't forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out :)
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!