Adblock, Inc. is a small team that serves tens of millions of people worldwide. Our vision is to provide our users with simple, intuitive tools to block distractions, protect their privacy, and put people in control of their internet experience.
Our products — AdBlock
, Adblock Plus
, and AdBlock VPN
— have been downloaded hundreds of million times and work in all major web browsers, as well as on Apple MacOS, iOS, Windows, and Android devices.
Our team has been fully remote since inception, and we each work from whatever location works best for us. What unites us is a desire to make it easier and safer for our users to browse the web.
To achieve our mission, we need an experienced Content Marketer who can create helpful, engaging content to help our users navigate an increasingly confusing and distracting web. You’ll be joining a small, collaborative team and you’ll have the opportunity to establish our content strategy to help us engage and grow our audience.
Ultimately, success in this role will be measured by driving high-quality traffic to our websites and browser stores through organic channels, increasing applicable ranked keywords, and building a comprehensive back-linking network. To do that you’ll collaborate closely with our support, product, and engineering teams to create blog posts, research reports, and other content to showcase our work and how we help our users navigate the web safely. Our websites already receive millions of monthly unique visitors, so you’ll have the opportunity to expand on what’s grown organically.
We operate as a globally distributed team that spans many time zones. In this role you’ll be supporting teams based in both North America and Europe, so you’ll need to be able to have at least 4 hours of overlap with eastern time (ET) business hours.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; you enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Some experience with content marketing designed to improve SEO and organic traffic
- Demonstrable experience writing content that helps simplify complex subjects, such as VPNs, for non-technical audiences
- An innate curiosity; you love learning how things work and finding creative ways to communicate complex topics
- Excellent time management skills to consistently deliver high quality content across multiple channels and products
- An interest in ad blocking, internet privacy, and similar subjects
Bonus Points For:
- Solid understanding of general marketing strategies, including email marketing best practices and CAN-SPAM regulations
- Experience doing primary research and acquiring insights from a variety of sources, including industry publications, as well as employee and customer interviews
What You’ll Do:
- In the first month you’ll become well-versed in our products, as well as the stories and content that are currently driving most of our organic traffic. You’ll work closely with our product teams to develop a content strategy to help us achieve our SEO objectives for our highest-value keywords. You’ll write and proofread blog posts and product messaging for blog posts, email campaigns, and more.
- By your third month you’ll be helping shape and execute our go-to-market strategies and content plans for AdBlock, Adblock Plus, and our recently-launched AdBlock VPN, our first non-ad blocking product in our history, and you’ll be assisting with in-product copy and calls to action (CTAs) for these products. You’ll be experimenting with interviews, reports, and other forms of content to drive adoption of new users for our products.
- By month six you’ll be managing the content strategy for our social media presence (primarily Facebook and Twitter), working with the teams to help manage our email newsletter campaigns, and helping shape our 2022 content strategy.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in content marketing, copywriting, editing, or a similar field
- Experience creating, managing, and executing on an editorial calendar
- Solid understanding of SEO best practices
Why You’ll Love Adblock, Inc.
- Competitive Salary: Our salaries are based on Radford data, a widely-used global compensation benchmark, to ensure we provide competitive pay.
- Comprehensive Benefits: We offer a benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance coverage*, 401K matching*, unlimited time off, and paid parental leave.
- Professional Growth: We give team members the autonomy to do their best work. Because we’re a small team, you’ll be able to immediately see the impact of your work and grow with the team. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- Fully Distributed Community: You’ll be able to work 100% remotely, yet remain well-connected to your colleagues. When we’re not in the midst of a pandemic, we meet at least once a year for a week-long offsite.
- Office Equipment: We’ll provide you with a MacBook or Windows laptop or desktop and whatever other equipment you need to work effectively.
*Currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available in the US
We’d Love to Work With You!
We’re serious about our work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want Adblock, Inc. to be a place where people love their work, like their co-workers, and treat everyone with respect and empathy.
We’re a small team and our strength comes from our diversity. We strive to create an inclusive environment where differences in race, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age only make us stronger.
How to Apply
If this role sounds exciting to you, send your resume and the following information to [email protected]
- Tell us why you’re interested in working with us
- Share a writing sample that demonstrates your ability to write compellingly about a technical topic for a non-technical audience