Who We Are?
We are a group of people who give a damn. We believe in doing what’s right and speaking up, even when it’s difficult. We pursue success, humbly.
We're a fully remote company, so you can live and work just about wherever you want, as long as it meets any role-specific location or time zone requirements (which are outlined below). Just make sure you have a reliable internet connection.
We bridge time zones and distance with thorough and transparent communication, and processes designed to empower and support each other. We’re a company of people from a variety of backgrounds, with a range of perspectives, which makes us stronger. We frequently work in cross-functional teams, and you’ll get to work with awesome people in all different roles in the company. We leave our egos at the door and value input and ideas from everyone at the company.
How Do We Work?
Live Where You Want
We’re a hybrid of co-located and distributed teams, so you can live and work just about wherever you want.
No Crazy Hours
We’re all adults and we trust each other to manage our time appropriately. There’s no need to punch a clock or ask for permission to take off early one afternoon to go see the doctor. We look at what you accomplish, not how long you are in front of a computer. We work hard and smart, but we’re in this for the long haul.
Responsible Time Off
We want you to take time off; it makes you happier, healthier, and more productive. In fact, we have an unlimited time off policy, plus two mandatory weeks for a holiday break in December/January. It’s important you take the time you need, whether you’re caring for your health, the health of a family member, or going on vacation. (We look forward to seeing pictures of your trip in #the-pub Slack channel!) Be mindful of Black Friday through Cyber Monday. That’s our merchants’ busiest time of the year, and we need all-hands-on-deck just in case.
Grow and Learn
We aren’t satisfied with what we already know; we want to learn more and we want you to as well. Think conferences (when those are a thing again), online courses and resources, and dedicated time away to learn something new…it’s up to you and your manager. Let us know what you need.
As a senior DevOps engineer at CartHook, you will be responsible for all aspects of the server infrastructure and development environments at our company. Additionally, you will architect, define and maintain our database and models, and ensure our systems can keep up their high performance and responsiveness. You will be responsible for implementing processes, servers, or infrastructure to improve our product and systems, as well as, providing input for any existing or new integrations used to support our existing functionality. You will also join us in sprint planning and retrospectives and have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on our stack and the future of e-commerce.
This is a full-time, fully remote role. Ideally, you are located in the European time zone, but we are open to other time zones on a case by case basis
- Advanced knowledge in cloud administration(required, minimum 3 years of experience)
- Advanced knowledge of AWS, specially IAM, RDS, Cloudfront, S3, EC2 Autoscaling (Cloudformation), Lambda, ElastiCache, Elastic Load Balancing, VPC (required, 3 years of experience), EventBridge, Fergate, ElasticBeanstalk is a +
- Advanced knowledge of SQL DB engines, optimization, and maintenance
- Redshift(1 year of experience)(required)
- Mysql(5 years experience)(required)
- Aurora(3 year experience)(required), clustering is a +
- PostgreSQL(1 year of experience)(optional)
- Advanced knowledge of the in-memory databases(Redis), experience with ElastiCache is a +(required)
- Advanced knowledge of data streaming services(Kafka, Cassandra)(optional)
- Advanced knowledge of Docker(required, 3 years of experience),
- Advanced knowledge of the container orchestration software like Nomad(required, 2 years of experience), Kubernetes is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Nginx + php-fpm stack (required, 3 years of experience), apache + php is a plus
- Understanding principles of the IaC (Infrastructure as a code)(required, 2 years of experience)
- Advanced knowledge of Terraform from HashiCorp (required, 2 years of experience)
- Advanced knowledge of provisioning tools like Ansible (required, 3 years of experience). Puppet or Chef is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of GitHub(required, 3 years of experience) Gitlab is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of the Vault from HashiCorp (required, 2 years of experience)
- Advanced knowledge of the Consul from HashiCorp (required, 2 years of experience)
- Advanced knowledge of the AWS EKS (optional, 1 year of experience), etcd is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of the CI/CD like Buildkite, CircleCI, Gitlab, Travis (required, 3 years of experience), Buildkite is preferable
- Basic understanding of the service discovery(required, 1 year of experience)
- Proficiency in bash, shell languages(required, 5 years of experience), Python or Golang is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of nodejs, PHP (required, 1 year of experience)
- Experience with Laravel framework is a plus
- Queue job processing is a plus
- UNIX system administration(required, 10 years of experience)
- Linux networking administration(required, 10 years of experience)
- Experience with high-performance systems(required, 5 years experience)
- Experience managing large datasets, data replications, and data storage pools(2 years experience)
- Experience with scaling infrastructure and migrations(required,3 years experience)
- Self-starter, proactive attitude, brave to pull the moves(required)
- A bit of wizardry and MacGyver-like skills to tackle specific tasks
- We have an unlimited vacation policy, with a mandatory two weeks off over the holidays.
- We offer 8 weeks paid parental leave for new parents and an additional 8 weeks paid parental leave for birthing mothers, totaling 16 weeks.
- You'll have a stipend available for professional advancement.
- This is a full-time, fully remote role. Ideally, you are located in the US East Coast or European time zone, but we are open to other time zones on a case-by-case basis.
Diverse + Inclusive
At CartHook, you can be the person you are, regardless of ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, age, disability, sexual orientation, size, and/or gender identity. We provide a safe, welcoming space for those who are marginalized. CartHook does not tolerate harassment in any form.
We want to build a diverse team and urge individuals with varied backgrounds to apply to our open roles. Let's do the hard work together.