is on a mission to empower brands to create exceptional ecommerce experiences, and in the process, build the world's best remote company
Since being in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we've seen tremendous growth while intentionally creating a culture where people from all backgrounds can belong. Our company and products are informed by diverse, unique perspectives and the best global talent. We are fully remote, have no offices, and are looking for team members who are excited to work remotely.
We closed our Series A and B in 2020, and after raising a $67.5M Series C
in 2021, we are scaling faster than ever. Join us to grow your career with our rapidly growing company!
For this position, we are looking for candidates located in the North America.
What You'll Do
You’ll be involved in scoping security and compliance from a technical standpoint and assist in making decisions for the organization regarding security. You will be responsible for all documentation for compliance, security policies, security vulnerability management, and security-related discussions.
What You'll Bring
Need to have
- 3+ years of experience in the security field
- Experience in security testing and validation
- Prior experience in Compliance/Engineering
- Strong communications skills
- Strong security awareness
- Ability to identify security risks and make recommendations to deliver a plan for those issues
- Experience with cloud security controls and best practices
- Basic understanding of networking and web-related technologies (such as TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTPS, TLS, protocols)
- Understanding of tools/technologies used by the engineering squads
- Ability to create policies and procedures for security
- Experience with filling out client and other 3rd party questionnaires
- Self-motivated and not afraid of making big decisions
Nice to have
- Security and/or Compliance certifications
- Experience with AWS/Heroku environments
- Familiarity with common security libraries, security controls, and common security practices
- Experience with SaaS and Shopify companies
- Ability to support and fix vulnerabilities found by bug bounty program
- Working experience in a fully distributed working environment
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- A highly skilled and dedicated team that is fun to work with
- Remote work – We are a diverse and distributed team that uses Slack, Zoom, Notion and other tools to stay connected
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what's right over what's easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually, and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
Please refer to the position specific location requirements listed under the location section of the job description as we are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the mentioned location(s) without requiring employment visa sponsorship.