About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com
Cybersecurity & Technology Controls (CTC) delivers streamlined and consistent solutions supporting JPMorgan Chase's Controls and IT Risk agendas with a focus on risk reduction, stability, security, delivery, resiliency and efficiencies. CTC's focus on standardization, consistency and simplicity fosters long-term productivity, quality and innovation across JPMorgan Chase. The disciplines within this organization are Oversight & Controls Technology, Cloud Controls, Resiliency, Security, Identity & Access Management, IT Risk & Controls, and Third Party Risk Management.
The Global Identity and Access Management (GIAM) organization within CTC provides access control governance and Identity Services for all lines of business (LOBs) globally, providing the right access to the right people at the right time for all technology platforms and applications supported by CTC, and provides a comprehensive set of applications, tools, and staff to globally implement, monitor and manage technology risk solutions.
The Identify Governance and Administration team (IGA) within GIAM is the lifecycle management of the access security configuration (Identity & Account Management). The primary focus being on standardization of the ecosystem, providing automated provisioning, end-to-end reconciliation, and Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) and Segregation of Duties (SOD) framework.
As a JPMorgan Chase & Co. Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will combine software and systems to help us build a world-class engineering function. Working with your team, you'll focus on improving our production applications and systems to creatively solve operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation.
Our culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity and problem solving is essential to our success. We bring people together with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We support teamwork, thinking big and taking risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on relevant projects, while building an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn and grow. We are excited to see what you will bring to our team.
This will require an understanding of requirements, operating models, business flows and data and then partnering with technical specialists to deliver appropriate solutions. There is an implicit ownership and accountability for the solution working as intended.
The ideal candidate is a results-oriented hands-on leader who can handle many different roles such as:
* Develop, test and debug automated tasks including apps, systems and infrastructure
* Automate manual operational work by improving products or software
* Troubleshoot priority incidents and facilitate blameless post evaluations
* Work with development teams throughout the software life cycle ensuring sustainable software releases
* Perform analytics on past data, such as incidents and usage patterns for predicting issues and take proactive steps to implement improvements
* Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns
* Lead and participate in performance tests, and identify bottlenecks and opportunities for optimization and capacity demands
* Split time between operational work and engineering work
* Contribute to around the clock support coverage as needed
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
* Proficient in at least two or more software languages such as Python, Java, Go with respect to designing, coding, testing and software delivery
* Proficient in the development of automated tools, systems and services in multiple technology domains
* Proficient knowledge of one or more infrastructure components such as networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute and storage systems
* Proficient in service-level changes to a system and troubleshooting components
* Design and contribute to performance monitoring and capacity management tools
* Linux Systems Administration (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian)
* Solid Scripting Skills (Perl, KSH, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
* Understanding of network technology and concepts (TCP/UDP, SSL/Certificates, HTTP, NAT, DNS, NAS)
* Continuous Integration (Jenkins/Hudson, Travis)
* Configuration Management / Automation (Puppet, Ansible, Salt, RunDeck, CFEngine)
* Web & Applications Servers (Apache, NGINX, Tomcat, Websphere, Unicorn, Passenger, Mongrel, Thin)
* Familiarity with Java ecosystem (Maven, Nexus, Gradle)
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Site Reliability Engineering, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Plano Full Time Employment
Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), JPMorgan Chase & Co.Plano Full Time Employment
Site Reliability Engineer - VP, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Plano Full Time Employment
DevOps -Site Reliability Engineer, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Plano Full Time Employment
Site Reliability Engineer Lead, JPMorgan Chase & Co.Plano Full Time Employment