Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, the philanthropic heart of Broadway, is looking for a graphic designer who can wow us with their work in digital, motion, video and print. The right person will use their passion for theater to help us expand and enhance the ways we tell our story and connect with supporters and donors.
Our graphic designers work in-house (though currently based at home in the NYC metro area through August) on a wide variety of Broadway Cares events and projects across platforms. The designer will be responsible for concepting and executing digital, motion-based and illustrated pieces, as well as some print designs. The designer must be comfortable collaboratively brainstorming ideas to find the winning solution that will help garner attention, increase donations and engage the community.
The designer must have demonstrated skills in creating and executing design concepts across multiple platforms; extensive knowledge in After Effects, Photoshop, InDesign and related software; a portfolio with impressive examples of motion graphics, digital campaigns, print, illustration and animation.
The right candidate needs to have a commitment to helping those affected by HIV/AIDS, to Broadway Cares and to the theater community. Everyone here is an ambassador for Broadway Cares, our objectives, services and personality.
Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS values a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion, respect and integrity for all.
Salary from $60,000.00 per year with benefits including health and dental insurance, pension, 401(k), disability insurance, health savings account, paid time off and parental leave.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce compelling 360 campaigns for Broadway Cares events and projects that can adapt for all media
- Lead, organize and execute motion-based projects working closely with our in-house video editor, including editing raw video footage and adding effects/elements to enhance motion graphics
- Lead animation projects and related storyboarding
- Collaborate across disciplines (e.g. creating digital media including social campaigns, event banners, posters, postcards, invitations, signage, program ads, etc.)
- Finalize presentation of material for delivery
- Work with production, development and communications staffs to meet marketing, promotion and media deadlines
- Assist in design maintenance of broadwaycares.org, classicalaction.org and dradance.org as needed (e.g. supplying photos, logos, etc.)
- Participate with the entire Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS staff in facilitating the audience appeals that traditionally take place on Broadway for two six-week fundraising periods, which occur in the evening and on weekends
- Participate in major and minor fundraising events, some of which occur in the evening and on weekends
- Occasional evening and weekend work
- At least 2-4 years experience in a design position, preferably at an in-house agency or nonprofit, or as full-time freelancer
- A love and knowledge of theater
- A finely tuned eye for motion graphics, typography and design
- A keen awareness of consumer and design trends
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software
- Proficient in video and animation, particularly through After Effects
- Knowledge of printing and prepress procedures a plus
- Knowledge of and experience in photography and social media a plus
- Exceptional organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with team members
- Ability to actively participate in problem resolution, reacting positively and quickly to changing dynamics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced creative environment
- Ability to work within strict deadlines, both independently and with a close-knit team
- Self-motivated creative mind
- Passionate about making a difference with a comprehensive understanding of and commitment to Broadway Cares’ mission
- Flexibility, drive and a sense of humor
- An affection for dogs
All employees are working from home through August 2021. Hybrid schedules begin September 2021. All staff members must be fully vaccinated.