Wanna help travelers plan their next big adventures?
is looking for experienced travel bloggers, writers, and influencers to join our growing team. Our goal is to help readers embark on unforgettable travel experiences, and our blog content is the focus of that mission.
We’re looking for travel bloggers to cover cities, states, regions, and National Parks they’re extremely familiar with – if we were visiting from out-of-town, you would be able to tell us what to do, where to stay and what’s worth seeing (or skipping).
We’re not looking for generalists or bloggers that can write about anything – we’re looking for experienced travel writers and bloggers who can get into the specifics of the places they know and love. We’re also not looking for inexpensive “SEO” content writers – we’re looking for writers who know how to research, write, and add personality and voice to their content without worrying about SEO or keyword density or any of that stuff (we’ll handle that).
We’re looking for writers who:
- have 2+ years of experience writing in-depth travel content
- can commit to several articles per month (or more)
- can add personality and humor to professional, helpful content
- are comfortable working with WordPress
- have a basic knowledge of SEO, headers, etc.
- can meet monthly deadlines
- can follow our content guidelines for different types of travel content
We offer competitive freelance rates, flexibility to choose your topics, and plenty of available work. We’re also looking for writers we can work with for the long haul. Right now we’re mostly focused on US travel, and particularly looking for writers to cover the South, Midwest and California, though we’re open to writers who specialize in any region.
Our travel content covers topics like:
- camping, hiking and backpacking
- where to stay (Airbnbs, glamping spots, etc.)
- things to do, visit and see around the US
- outdoor activities, gear and lifestyle content
- must be able to commit to at least 2 articles per month
- must be comfortable uploading content to WordPress
- must have at least 2 travel writing samples/links (any applications without travel writing examples will not be considered)
Bonus points for: writers with their own blogs, established social media accounts and/or solid photography skills.
If you’re interested, please email [email protected]
with the subject “Freelance writer” and include a brief intro, your rates, and 1-2 links to your travel writing samples. From there we’ll reach out to qualified writers. Thanks!