What we're looking for
We are looking for a senior software engineer to play a key role in expanding our API's capabilities. The person will be working on all aspects of backend development - from DB schema design to API implementation. Our ideal candidate will be proficient in API and Database design and familiar with modern programming standards. Knowledge of PHP is a plus. This position is fully remote.
- You enjoy working with people both as an individual contributor and in small teams. People enjoy working with you and you energize those around you.
- You seek out and enjoy critical feedback to further develop your own skills. You can sense when to ask for help and know how to ask for feedback.
- You have a deep sense of ownership in what you create and support. You have the ability to zoom-out and think holistically about how to improve the overall systems you are working with.
- You have experience as a team lead or have mentored other software developers.
- You are comfortable with the full range of backend software development. You have designed and optimized DB schema. You understand different load balancing techniques.
- You have instrumented your applications for observability and monitored your applications performance. You have experience troubleshooting performance at each layer of the stack.
- You specialize in building APIs for others to consume. You've written API definitions and documentation using a specification like OpenAPI.
- You have experimented with SDLC workflows. You have opinions about how to optimize git workflows for teams. You are opinionated about your local workflow.
- You have experience with several testing frameworks. You have written different kinds of tests (unit, integration, regression, etc) and understand their strengths and weaknesses.
- Security of the application is not an afterthought. You have worked with different authentication and authorization protocols. You take an adversarial mindset to the business logic you are implementing.
- Great products are made by people who care.
- Think about what "done" is upfront. Pull your work all the way over the finish line.
- Be personally transparent. Don't accumulate negative emotions. Share it with others in constructive ways.
- Leave things better than you found them.
- Prototype before polishing. Get it working before you optimize it.
- Never miss an opportunity to articulate your mental model. Always take the opportunity to validate your mental models with others.
- Seek to spend the majority of your time on things that impact the ability of our customers to successfully use our products.
- Constantly challenge yourself and those around you.
- Keep learning. Explore new domains. Gain new skills.
- Help others grow. Invite others to learn with you.
Why work with us?
- We are a remote and international team.
- The development team is full of amazing talent and fun people to work with.
- You will always have someone in the team supporting you if you have questions or need some brainstorming time.
- Always looking for team members who are competent, up for a challenge and are interested in working for a financial company.
- Working at AET you will feel more like a startup than a rigid old school company.
- Healthy balance between a professional and relaxed atmosphere.
- Experience unique challenges in the financial space such as security, auditing, compliance and regulation.
- Bring much needed innovation to a slow changing industry.
- Be part of team that values everyone's input.