We are looking for a developer with Go experience to join a new cross-functional team. The Datacore team builds machine learning and data products for internal users. For example, one of our current projects is migrating all teams’ data-related processes and tools away from Postgres to use our Presto/Parquet-based data lake. Future projects include things like building an integrated simulation environment to help us fully automate releases. If you’re an experienced developer and enjoy a challenge, join us!
Current and prospective projects we're working on:
- Converting machine learning projects to production services
- Scaling a Kubernetes and Kafka based batch processing system for simulating the analytical performance of our models and classifiers.
- A S3-based data lake queried using AWS Athena ( we wrote our own Parquet library which you can find on GitHub: Parquet library )
- Building out our CI/CD system for machine learning
- Performance analysis and optimization of models
- 5 years of coding experience
- Solid experience in Go, and the ability to write it idiomatically
- Experience building backend services and APIs in Go
- Worked with databases such as PostgreSQL or similar
Nice to haves:
- Exposure to containerized environments such as Kubernetes
- Experience with Airflow, Presto, or similar ETL and big data tools is a big plus
- Experience with Kafka or other message queues
- You’ve built something from scratch in the past
- Good knowledge of SQL
We are looking forward to your application!