A bit about us
Virtuoso improves the speed and quality of software development by empowering everyone to create and automate tests. We believe that anyone in the business, not just engineers, should be able to create tests for the part of their web platform that they know best. Scaled in the cloud, using automation with AI, Virtuoso enables this to happen. We have already achieved remarkable success and are rapidly expanding our team to take us into our next stage of growth.
At Virtuoso you'll have the freedom to make decisions quickly and execute them, to work collaboratively with colleagues in other countries, (our product team is based in UK, Portugal, and Spain, so advanced written and spoken English is a must), and you'll be able to apply your frontend engineering expertise to build a robust and scalable enterprise product to allow organisations to test their software faster and more effectively than ever possible before.
About the role
Here's a glimpse of what you may be working on as a frontend engineering lead:
- Lead on the architecture of the Vue.js codebase
- Help us with continuously improving the scalability and performance of our frontend application
- Help make our front-end code base increasingly more accessible to the rest of the frontend and engineering team
- Make improvements that can delight customers -- after all, superior user experience is a core offering of Virtuoso
- Work closely with our UX team, with hands-on involvement on the UX of the product
- Lead and/or contribute to development of the Virtuoso roadmap
Our Tech Stack:
- Vue.js ecosystem for Frontend
- Figma for our UI/UX
- Java services (distributed architecture)
- PostgreSQL for relational database
- AWS (and some GCP)
- Datadog for logging, Prometheus for metric monitoring, Sentry for tracking errors
- Terraform for infrastructure management
- Slack / Zoom for communication
- Github for source control and project management
- CircleCI for CI/CD -- your code goes live in 3 minutes after committing, whether in production or a branch (including testing and linting)!
- Your favourite technology that can help solve challenges
What we need from you
- You'll blend your exceptional Front-End engineering skills with your passion for building an intuitive product, writing code and solving problems to support our engineering team in developing a research-lead application.
- Bonus points if you are experienced in advanced testing techniques such as mocking/stubbing, have extensive full-stack engineering experience, demonstrate you care about clean code and interfaces, and if you have previous experience with automating browsers (e.g. chrome debugging protocol).
- We know that as engineers you'll have a mix of different skills, technologies and experiences, so instead of a long boring list of ‘skills' or technologies we want people to have, we thought sharing details of our tech stack would be more interesting to you.
What's in it for you
- The opportunity to bring your own ideas to reality (we love new solutions and ideas!).
- Competitive salary
- Team retreats every 6 months... somewhere nice because you've earned it!
- Full Jetbrains pack license (IntelliJ et al)
- Fully remote/flexible working
- Weekly team lunch
- Year training and development budget of £500 as a minimum
- Private health insurance
- Take your birthday as a holiday every year!
- Sabbatical opportunities
- Open source contribution opportunities
- A new laptop and/or use your own equipment