Business Operations Associate
We’re seeking an individual to help us execute support functions for approximately 20 hours a week. This could turn into a more extensive role over time.
The ideal person has a solid grasp of technical concepts and critical thinking skills. Not all tasks will come with a checklist—sometimes you’ll need to “figure it out” and once you do, you typically retain the knowledge. You should enjoy and be adept at piecing together parts of a puzzle and solving it. If a thing exists to connect two systems and it’s not working as expected, you can take it apart and find the problem and propose a solution. Comfortable with navigating the settings/admin menus of unfamiliar applications and finding what you need and remembering it for next time. Variability in tasks is fun. People bring you vague problems because you know how to figure them out, but also because they know they can rely on you.
- Standuply- create/edit Slack-based standups, troubleshoot errors as reported by end-users
- Harvest (the tool we use for time tracking): create new projects, edit existing projects, edit user access to projects as needed
- Zapier (the primary tool we use for automation) troubleshoot zaps that are not working correctly
- Jira/Confluence (the tool we use for project management, workflows): administer access, troubleshoot workflow problems as reported by end-users, troubleshoot workflow post functions, update/create documentation in Confluence
- Slack (the tool we use for async communication) administer access to Slack, edit channel names, assist the team with Slack problems
- Google Suite (email, sheets docs, drive, slides, etc.): assist team with searching Google Docs for items, assist with admin duties as needed (password resets, access issues), create new users and log credentials in 1Password, create/modify GSheets for reporting, troubleshoot GSheet issues that users are having (formulas not working)
- 1Password (the tool we use for managing access): administer access to vaults, create new entries, and ensure they are placed in correct vaults
- Zoom (the tool we use for meetings) administer access, troubleshoot common user issues
- Support-related ad hoc tasks in addition to the above
- At least 1 year working in a CSM, Helpdesk, or Support role
- Google Suite administration
- Familiarity with both Mac and Windows OS, basic troubleshooting
- Experience using if/then automation tools such as Zapier, IFTTT, automate.io
- Experience using Slack, administration is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Jira experience (especially administration) is a plus
And while having the above skills are certainly valuable to be successful at this role, we’re willing to train those who have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.