About this role
We're seeking a Full-Stack WooCommerce Developer to expand the capabilities of our initial product and help scale our business.
Working directly with our CPO, you'll lead on projects that will have a direct impact on the growth of Bevshop and our customers.
You'll develop custom plug-ins and integrations, launch new customer websites, and optimize our infrastructure to help us operate more efficiently.
This is a full-time, remote contract role.
Who you are:
- You are passionate about the opportunity to build meaningful products that help other entrepreneurs pursue their dreams and grow their businesses.
- You are bothered by inefficient & archaic systems and feel a natural desire to change them for the better.
- You are a critical, analytical, and systematic thinker. You seek to identify the root of a problem, understand its long-term implications, and present solutions that are creative, scalable, and harmonious with the broader system.
- You have strong attention to detail, prioritize exceptional user experience at all times, and are not satisfied unless you've delivered great work.
- You are an excellent communicator and thrive when collaborating with a trusted team.
What you'll work on:
- Advancing our existing WooCommerce-powered websites and platform, including:
- Developing custom plug-ins and customizing third-party plug-ins to power new ecommerce, marketing, and reporting features
- Implementing new third-party integrations and improving upon existing integrations with order fulfillment platforms (e.g. ShipStation), payment processors (e.g. Stripe), and marketing tools (e.g. Klaviyo)
- Implementing new product layouts and frontend specific features in to our custom Bevshop theme
- Developing infrastructure solutions to streamline our internal processes
- Overseeing WordPress backend management and QA across multiple sites, including:
- Plug-in updates
- Settings changes
- Content management
- Setting up new customer websites
- Leading on bug fixes
- Optimizing our codebase to work more efficiently across multiple sites
- Working with our CPO to help manage, review, and QA projects handled by external developers
What you'll need:
- 4+ years backend WordPress and WooCommerce development experience
- Experience working with custom themes and plugins (including both frontend and WordPress/WooCommerce backend/admin development work)
- Experience with PHP, HTML, CSS (Sass), JS, relational databases, MySQL, Wordpress/WooCommerce REST API, and Stripe API
- Experience working with Git and working in a multi-developer environment
- Ability to write clean, understandable, and well-documented/commented code
- Based in North America (U.S. strongly preferred)
- Excellent English skills (written and verbal)