Tucows (NASDAQ:TCX, TSX:TC) is possibly the biggest Internet company you’ve never heard of. We started as a simple shareware site in 1993 and have grown into a stable of businesses; mobile, internet and domains.
We embrace a people-first philosophy that is rooted in respect, trust, and flexibility. We believe that whatever works for our employees is what works best for us. It’s also why the majority of our roles are remote-first, meaning you can work from anywhere you can connect to the internet!
Today, close to a thousand people work in over 16 countries to help us make the Internet better. If this sounds exciting to you, join the herd!
About The Role
What You’ll Do:
- Work as an embedded member of an Agile team to provide end-to-end responsibility for applications and microservices.
- Build automation to provision infrastructure as code to cloud platforms.
- Enable secure application infrastructure with secure secret storage, dynamic secrets, and data encryption.
- Enable developers to continuously build and deploy via cluster management and schedulers, and service discovery via a service mesh.
- Mentor team members to modernize their DevOps skills and processes.
- Build and launch scalable, reliable, and resilient microservices.
- Employ Agile software development tools and standard methodologies.
Who You Are:
- Have substantive DevOps experience and a consistent record of automating the provisioning of infrastructure as code.
- You have experience with CI/CD automation, and in particular in a cloud engineering environment.
- Have years of experience with Linux, server automation, and scripting.
- You are familiar with microservice architecture frameworks and design patterns.
- You know how the Internet works, understand massaging and async frameworks, and understand modern API frameworks.
- You have experience managing load balancers, cloud native edge routers, and API gateways.
- You know, and can demonstrate, the value of agile processes, continuous integration, and continuous delivery.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and mentoring people you work with.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You love to collaborate, are a great teammate, an excellent listener, and are fun to work with.
Who You Might Be:
- Someone with experience with the HashiCorp stack.
- Someone with wholesale or retail domain names experience.
- A person who’s worked for an ISP.
- Someone that’s familiar with telcos, especially MVNOs.
We do a lot, but at our core, we're in the business of keeping people connected and keeping the Internet open.
As the second-largest domain registrar in the world by volume (OpenSRS, Enom, EPAG, Ascio and Hover), we help people find their place online.
As Ting Internet, we bring Crazy Fast Fiber InternetⓇ to communities across the U.S, helping them unlock the power of the Internet.
As a Mobile Services Enabler (MSE), we force big networks to compete and innovate.
Join The Herd at https://www.tucows.com/careers/
Investor info (NASDAQ: TCX, TSX: TC): https://www.tucows.com/investors/
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with invested growth opportunities. So if you are ready to be part of a fast-growing technology company where you determine your future, we want to hear from you. We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Salary and compensation
$100,000 — $110,000/year