About Elevate Labs:
Elevate Labs is on a mission to improve people's minds.
Since 2014, we’ve helped millions of people around the world learn and improve concrete cognitive skills in reading, writing, and math through Elevate, our first mobile app which has won Apple's App of the Year Award. With Balance, our second mobile app, we’ve personalized meditation to help more people reduce stress, improve sleep, sharpen focus, and much more.
Elevate Labs is a fully remote company of voracious learners and passionate doers, driven by our vision to help billions of people lead healthy, joyful, and productive lives.
If our mission resonates with you, please consider applying!
To support our growing products, we're looking for an experienced data engineer to own and update the data pipeline powering our data analytics platform. You’ll work closely with our data analysts to establish requirements and appropriately evolve the pipeline to meet our growing data needs. You’ll also work closely with our product engineering teams to help them collect and deliver up stream data. As the data engineering subject matter expert, you’ll be expected to drive the direction of future development.
This is a fully remote position anywhere in the US or Canada.
What you'll do here
- Lead complex projects by defining requirements, determining solutions, and delivering on results
- Participate in the data planning process, representing engineering by communicating technical constraints, opportunities, and solutions
- Mentor your fellow teammates to help them grow as engineers
- Set standards of engineering excellence in service design and implementation with a focus on reliability
- Build, maintain, and own data processing
- You have 5+ years of professional software experience building data processing pipelines
- You can code effectively in Python
- You have experience working with DBT, Snowflake, and Fivetran
- Proficient with SQL and designing DB schemas
- You have experience developing for AWS (EC2, S3, Fargate, Lambda, EMR, Redshift, Athena, etc.)
- You are passionate about delivering high-quality, efficient solutions
- You communicate clearly and participate in design reviews and code reviews
- Interest in cognitive training and educational technology
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Experience with JVM languages (Java, Scala, etc.) for big data solutions
- You have designed and implemented Big Data solutions using Spark/SparkSQL and other similar technologies
- You have designed and implemented Data Processing pipelines using Kafka, SNS/SQS, or other similar technologies
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK, or other infrastructure as code technologies
- Experience with TeamCity
- Fully remote environment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- 401(k) plan
- Fully paid parental leave
- Competitive salary and equity
- Home office upgrade stipend
- Annual learning stipend
- Annual company meetup in a fun location
- Work & wellness stipend
- Co-working reimbursement
- Travel stipend
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
We believe that there is no single candidate profile that guarantees success in this role. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. If your background is similar to the job description and you think you can excel in this role, please apply and tell us about yourself and the impact you could make at Elevate Labs.
We also know that diversity of identity, experience, and thought leads to more creativity, better problem-solving, and wiser decisions, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we're taking steps to meet that commitment. We highly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, veterans, and people with disabilities.