At Scandit, we develop real-time computer vision solutions for smartphones, wearables and robots that combine modern machine learning approaches with computer vision. To expand our engineering team, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer.
We have varied infrastructure at Scandit. We run not just web applications but also handle non-trivial amounts of analytics events (tens of billions from hundreds of millions of devices), as well as process images from retail stores with computer vision algorithms. We also set up the infrastructure for CI and machine learning training both on-premise and in the cloud. It's never boring.
Our upcoming projects include processing tens of thousands of images taken by robots using machine learning algorithms. We need your help to scale the infrastructure for our projects and keep them running smoothly.
What You Will Do
This is what we are using. You don't need to know everything to apply.
- Containerize projects with Docker and Linux-based images
- Set up infrastructure using Terraform on AWS and Google Cloud (GCP)
- Provision cloud infrastructure on Kubernetes (k8s) with Helm/Helmfile
- Provision on-premise servers with Ansible and kubeadm
- Perform regular disaster recovery testing
- Keep our infrastructure services and dependencies up-to-date
- Set up and monitor metrics using Prometheus and Grafana
- Set up alerts for suspicious activity in logs
- Be on an on-call rotation and respond to incidents
- Write various helper tools in Python
- Help us migrate existing applications to Kubernetes
- Support and educate other teams how to use Kubernetes and Docker
How We Work
- Your home will be the Web & Infrastructure team which we call a chapter
- We work in cross-functional feature teams called squads
- Our team speaks English and is located in Switzerland, Finland and Poland
- We start every team meeting discussing new technologies, not problems
- Scrum with 2-week sprints
- Most of the team uses macOS but are proficient with Linux
- GitLab Premium for code hosting and reviews as well as CI
- Jira for ticket management
- Confluence as a wiki for documentation
- Slack for conversations
- Google Workspace for email, calendar, documents
- Zoom for video conferencing
Who We Are
Scandit enables enterprises and consumers to change the way they interact with everyday objects and augment the physical world with real-time data captured by scanning barcodes and recognizing text, objects, and other visual identifiers using smartphones, tablets, wearables, drones and robots.
Scandit’s mobile data capture platform is built on proprietary computer vision, augmented reality, and machine learning technologies. Companies in industries such as retail, transportation & logistics, manufacturing, and healthcare can use Scandit’s technology to create and power mobile apps for crucial enterprise workflows like mobile point of sale, mobile shopping, self-checkout, inventory management, and proof of delivery.
Many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies are benefiting from Scandit’s enterprise-grade mobile data capture platform, including Sephora, Nissan, DHL, and Levi Strauss & Co.
Scandit was founded by a group of researchers from ETH Zurich and MIT. The company is headquartered in Zurich and is also represented in Boston, London, Warsaw and Tampere. Over the years, our company has evolved into a world-class team of mobile image processing, computer vision, machine learning and “Internet of Things” experts from around the globe.