What’s the opportunity?
This is an opportunity to join one of the UK's most exciting and popular platforms as it starts to expand.
Only two years into launching the platform online, Bombinate has attracted a loyal following of men & women who care deeply about quality. What is more, the brand ecosystem is recognising the role Bombinate is playing in spearheading the movement towards ethical manufacture, conscious consumption and great design.
The role of Merchandiser:
As a Merchandiser, you will be the owner of the site experience from a product ranking and navigation experience perspective. This includes site merchandise hierarchy, categorisation schema, product tagging, and promotional execution.
This is a very data driven role, where you will analyse performance and come up with best practices to rank and display products. You’ll be providing strategies based on data and trends, and manage how our brands and products are displayed on the site with the focus being on conversion and increased sales.
The primary focus of this role is to drive conversion via data, trends, seasonality, edits, and various merchandising strategies. You’ll regularly be testing, and optimising the site to ensure that our customers are finding the most relevant products.
What you'll be doing:
Research and Insight:
Producing merchandising assets and day to day:
- Research trends and seasonality, using results to create reports and brief the Commercial teams
- Create product edits based on data and the commercial calendar
- Analyse A/B test results and create reporting on performance
- Set up A/B tests within brand pages, category pages, and search functionality
- Review our site daily looking for conversion optimisation opportunities
- Update the navigation menu to include “new in”, “new brands” and “new products” on a weekly basis
- Update the sites homepage products
- Update product carousels and rich headers
- Manage the schema for categorisation
- Update and create edits for Marketing and Content teams
- Ownership of seasonal promotions
- Create a calendar for site activities (hive day drops and promotions etc)
What experience, skills and traits do I need?
- Review the brand page launch strategy
- Play a key role in the implementation of Algolia
- Work with our Marketplace Services Team on placement strategy in relation to A/B tests
- Categorisation review
- Determine product tagging strategy
- Data driven with an ability to combine insights from seasonality and trends from MW & Casa with the data to inform strategy and decisions
- Highly organised and detail oriented
- Experience in Merchandising, preferably for a marketplace or e-commerce company
- Experience with a PMS system, preferably experience with Algolia and/or Prismic will be advantageous
Sounds good? Don't wait and apply today
- A great opportunity to make big changes by re-evaluating current strategies and managing implementations of new ideas
- As a Merchandiser you'll be working with many different teams at Bombinate, with direct collaborations with Marketplace Services, Content, Marketing and Design teams
- 25+ days holiday plus public holidays
- Equity & pension
- Bombinate discounts to help you bring your wardrobe and home to life
- Flexible hours - we trust you to work the schedule that's most productive for you and your teammates
- Remote work options - we believe in remote teams so you'll have the opportunity to work from home or wherever you want. The Bombinate team is currently spread across (🇨🇭 🇬🇧 🇺🇸 🇦🇹 🇪🇸 🇩🇪 🇵🇹)
- An unparalleled opportunity to grow and learn within a scaling company and the opportunity to make an impact from day 1
- Thinking big - we’d like you to be part of one or two days a year when we take time out to think about social trends and how Bombinate should grow as the world evolves around us
- Your perfect setup - Mac/Chromebook, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. You need it, we'll get it
- Team socials, coaching and mentoring
- Plus new benefits coming out later this year