eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.
About the team:
The First Party Advertising technology team (iCAS) is looking for a Backend Engineer to strengthen the team. We are building an internally used advertising engine combined with seller tools, to deliver shopping listings to the multiple platforms we have within the eBay Classifieds Group. Some of our complexities is the high traffic and volume demand, high uptime, handling click-fraud and optimising the listings being shown.
We do this through a technology stack mainly running through Go-lang based microservices, with eventing on Kafka, reporting on Clickhouse and Datastorage on MySQL. We run these services through Nomad on our own private cloud, and we handle the dev-ops activities such as deployment (Github, Jenkins), uptime (lots of 9s), monitoring (Prometheus, Pagerduty, Grafana) and maintenance as well. This stack is in constant evolution and flux to support growth as well as our own efficiency.
- Up to 10K events per sec per service.
- System handling up to 9000 searches per second.
- Over 10 million live Listings
- Serving the biggest classifieds sites in CA, DE, NL and BE
- End-to-end ownership of the seller's journey, from the shop around the corner to big retail brands
Your role in the team is to develop and maintain our seller facing services.
Our teams focus on multiple aspects of our product, such as the Seller Experience (API/Frontend/Reporting), Playout (Search, Ranking and Event Processing) and Platform (Data, Security, Compliance, Pipelines).
We expect from you:
- Working closely together with cross-functional team (frontend, backend, ux, product, analyst roles).
- Experience with Backend system design, API and Data storage. Experience with Product is a plus.
- Experience in a distributed, scalable, high-throughput and highly available systems.
- Experience in Go in production quality systems.
- BS/BA level of thinking and cooperation
- 6+ years of work experience in the field of backend engineering
- Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques. Good communication skills.
- Participate in the on-call rotation together with the rest of engineering (we run what we build)
- A can-do attitude (sarcasm is allowed) and drive to solve problems for our partners and customers
What we offer
- Driven and passionate colleagues/team
- Technical and personal growth opportunities
- Office in Amsterdam, close to Amstel Station
- An agile and evolving development process, focussed on efficiently delivering value
- An occasional celebration
- An english-speaking environment
Software Engineer, Slimmer AIAmsterdam Full Time Employment
Backend Software Engineer - Python, HubsAmsterdam Full Time Employment | 45k € - 65k €
Senior Software Engineer, Payconiq Services B.V.Amsterdam Contract Employment
Lead Software Engineer, fundaAmsterdam Full Time Employment | 75k € - 90k €
Backend Engineer, Connecterra BVAmsterdam Full Time Employment | 50k € - 60k €