In a world of beeps and clicks, Smile reminds us there is a human on the other side of every screen. We are a globally distributed 50+ person company with employees in Canada, the USA, South America, EMEA, and APAC. Our team has a strong emphasis on cross-cultural and timezone collaboration. We've been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" in Canada and look forward to expanding this on a global scale.
Our team is building the loyalty layer of the internet and currently already powers over 80,000 rewards programs, reaching more than 500 million shoppers. Above everything else we strive to make people happy —from the merchant to their consumer, to our own team (yes, our name really is fitting).
About the Team:
The Merchant Experience (MX) Team at Smile is a global team that strives to deliver the best possible customer experience 24/7. Our work is highly collaborative which allows for opportunities to work on projects that grow skills beyond just those required for your day-to-day role. We care deeply about the quality of our interactions with merchants and don’t let vanity metrics like ticket volume or time to close drive our actions. Instead, we truly want to help as many merchants as possible grow their businesses, and we ensure that every experience with our team is as delightful and helpful as possible along the way.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced and passionate customer experience leader to drive the strategy behind our always-on automations that help us scale our reach across our growing customer base of over 80K merchants. You will work closely with our Sr Manager of Marketing and Community to build out a holistic view of the customer lifecycle. This role will specifically focus on the post-implementation experience which includes areas like adoption, value realization, retention, and advocacy.
Our ideal candidate could come from a few different places. Perhaps you are a seasoned marketer who has become customer-obsessed over the years and found yourself working closely or embedded within a customer experience team. Or maybe you were an early-stage CSM who needed to learn customer marketing automations as a way to meet the needs of a growing customer base when 1:1 tactics proved unscalable. We know that the best person for this job probably didn’t have a clear career path to get here, but we do know that you love building a system of triggered automations designed to deliver relevant information at the right time to customers.
What you'll do:
- Understand and map the customer journey from a customer-centric point of view, understanding points of friction, moments of celebration, and times when we should proactively reach out with a human touch
- Devise a strategy and oversee implementation of multi-channel automations (in-app and email primarily) as well as playbooks for internal triggers to act upon critical issues
- Test, measure, and monitor results - and failure along the way is ok too. If we aren’t failing at some things, we aren’t trying hard enough.
- Manage a team that works directly with tenured customers and leverage insights from their experience to help guide opportunities for further optimization of digital lifecycle touchpoints
- Identify high points of friction/critical issues and be an internal advocate for product changes that could have a significant impact
- Identify opportunities to nurture advocacy potential in our customer base and implement them
- Work in collaboration with content marketing and other internal stakeholders to produce new content when necessary
What You Need:
- Managerial experience (small, interdisciplinary teams)Experience in lifecycle marketing and/or automating customer success touchpoints
- Ability to analyze data to uncover insights and optimize performance
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally, manage up and down
- Ability to thrive and creatively problem solve in ambiguous situations Experience using Intercom
Bonus if you have:
- eCommerce experience either via your own venture or through past roles
- Experience in 1:many, high-volume digital environments
Our commitment to candidates:
At Smile, we understand that finding a new role is challenging and that self-doubt or imposter syndrome can prevent you from applying to a role, don’t let it! You have a ton to offer and we want you to feel encouraged to apply, even if you don’t check all of the boxes. If you are passionate about eCommerce and helping merchants grow through loyalty and reward, connect with us.
At Smile, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.