IPlytics is an innovative market intelligence company headed up by a team of economists, computer engineers and data scientists. We are a tech company in its core. We use data engineering, data science and machine learning to change the way companies are interacting with business-critical data.
As an Engineering Manager, you serve as the technical anchor for the engineering team that supports our platform product. You oversee and manage subject matter experts responsible for the application architecture to suit the product in its functional and non-functional needs. You identify and drive high-level architectural changes to accelerate feature development or improve the quality of service (or both). You have tremendous and broad engineering skills and can create architecture on its whole on your own, but you choose to influence a wider team by acting as a “force multiplier.”
About The Opportunity:
- Build a team culture that is collaborative, inclusive, and respectful.
- Continuously mentor, encourage, empower, and celebrate.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes.
- Enforce and support people processes, structures, and efficient cross-organization communication that ensure product teams can access the right technical expertise, risks highlights, and advice on best practices by our subject matter experts.
- Work as a member of a product team that builds features that impact the bottom line for IPlytics.
- Mentor team members and continuously work to improve self and team through pair programming and pull request reviews.
- Own the quality and stability of delivered work. Implement the right tools and processes to ensure that quality & be ready to go hands-on and fill in the gap or hold the fort where we lack.
- Lead a team of software engineers in implementing high-quality applications and services, including design, development, and deployment of new business functionality
- Develop technical and product roadmaps with your team, then identify, plan, and deliver against those roadmaps.
- Implement design patterns to make our applications highly scalable and performant.
- Understand the architectural design of our entire system and show enough curiosity and proactiveness to improve it by researching and debating the best and latest aproaches in the market.
- Be curious enough to learn our unique business domain and build your knowledge in it as you grow in the company.
- You have 7+ years of experience in software engineering, preferably in high-quality SaaS solutions.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence, including the ability to both, effectively engage and inspire one’s team members.
- You can read and predict intentions and behaviors beyond what you see and experience at the moment.
- You are already managing engineers, or you’re ready to make the jump into full-time management.
- Very familiar with principles of APIs, stateful Web (Single Page) Applications, tools (Github, Jenkins, and others), and latest platform trends like containers and clustered or distributed architectures.
- You can demonstrate strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and navigate your way through complex data engineering concepts, schemas, and transformations.
- Experience with continuous improvement and Agile software delivery processes, particularly in collaboration with product and business.
- You have experience recruiting, hiring, and onboarding engineering talent.
- In-depth, proven software engineering background that allows you to establish credibility with brilliant engineers quickly.
- Interest in new and emerging technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills demonstrating technical leadership.
- Have solid foundational knowledge in Computer Science (e.g., Competencies in working with design patterns, data structures, and algorithms).
- Have proven experience in building accessible web user interfaces and well-designed and documented API libraries.
- Have a deep understanding of utilizing modern web-style libraries (e.g., Sass, styled components).
- Experience performance tuning web client applications.
- Experience automated testing and proficiency with a testing framework (e.g., Jest, Cypress, Cucumber).
- Experience building dashboards, charts, graphs, or representing complex hierarchical data using D3.js or equivalent libraries.
- Have a good understanding of build tools (e.g., Webpack, Rollup, NPM Scripts, Gulp).
- Experience working on projects orchestrating containers (e.g., Docker and Kubernetes or any other orchestrator).
- Knowledgeable of micro-service design patterns.
- Have a good understanding and exposure to DevOps tools, processes, and culture (e.g., Spinnaker, Drone, Jenkins, Git, others).
Interested? Awesome, just send an email to [email protected]
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
* At IPlytics we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in our value driven and open minded mindset that promotes a fair and inclusive culture