Req ID: 40823
Location: Irvine, CA
Other location(s): Los Angeles (CA)
Relocation benefits offered: Yes
Travel required: a. Up to 25%
"I can be myself at work."
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world everything that makes you unique. We're working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
"I can influence my income."
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You'll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
"I can lead a full life."
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you're raising a family, you're passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we'll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we've transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate's ability to work remotely. "I can succeed as a Data Engineering Senior Manager at Capital Group."
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
As Data Engineering Senior Manager, you will be a key member of the IDEA (Integration, Data, Engineering, and Automation) leadership team and play a significant role in enabling Capital Group's enterprise data strategy. You will manage diverse teams of data engineers and bring broad range of analytical, technical and leadership skills to CG's evolving data landscape. You will play pivotal role in supporting delivery of various data solutions spanning multiple business domains, while collaborating and influencing with other IT and business leaders on strategic roadmaps and vision.
You will be presented with significant intellectual and technical challenges and it will provide you with enormous opportunity to impact CG's business outcomes through data and analytics. As an inspiring people leader, you will bring passion to our mission and drive for superior long-term results through the application of modern data engineering, data management and latest analytical approaches to derive insights from big data platforms. You will demonstrate high level judgment and decision making, extensive delivery and technical expertise when building complex data solutions that span wide range of solutions, from data science models to BI/Analytical data solutions."I am the person Capital Group is looking for."
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related field
- You have a minimum of 10-15+ years of experience managing data delivery and data teams
- You have deep and broad experience with AWS/Azure cloud platforms, big data technologies, large scale batch and streaming pipelines, data warehouse/relational DB environments, data science model automation, reporting and self-service analytics tools, CI/CD tools/processes, like Codebuild, Codepipeline or Azure devops
- You have extensive technology knowledge in: Spark, Python, SQL, Synapse/Redshift, data lake processing (Hadoop, hive), Tableau/Power BI, Databricks, EMR
- You have end to end delivering data solutions experience, from building, managing, and optimizing data pipelines across cloud environments, curate and model the data for various types of consumers and patterns of usage, including data marts, lakehouse and operational analytic apps
- You have a working knowledge of pipeline orchestration tools like Airflow, infrastructure provisioning tools like terraform, cloudformation, CDK
"I can apply in less than 4 minutes."
- You create value through aligning delivery to business goals, driving increased adoption of data across the enterprise, and extensive understanding of industry landscape to guide adoption of right tools and processes
- You will partner with Senior Business Leaders and IT stakeholders to develop and communicate a technology vision for wide range of data solutions that is aligned with, and contributes to, CG's data strategy. You will also collaborate with business product and data architecture teams, data governance, information and analytics, security, infrastructure, and IT product teams
- You exhibit strong leadership and mentoring skills to build high performing and diverse teams, inspire teams towards end goals, and identify opportunities for growth, with strong focus on diversity, inclusion, and equity initiatives
- You're able to translate complex technical ideas to a business audience through effective communication skills
- You foster an environment of excellent leadership, interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to continually learn new concepts and technologies and effectively apply them
You've reviewed this job posting and you're ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn't what you're looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community."I can learn more about Capital Group."
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That's why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people's lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.Nearest Major Market:
Irvine California Nearest Secondary Market:
Los Angeles Job Segment:
Database, Data Management, Social Media, Computer Science, SQL, Technology, Data, Marketing